advertisement

I wish the British were more like the French

The French government proposes to make many French people, and their children, a lot poorer. The French people organise and protest.

The British government proposes to make many British people and their children poorer. The British people shrug, moan, and still vote for the government that made them poorer.

The French seem to have an independence of mind. The British seem be stuck in the mindset of the conquered.

We used to stand up to things, remember poll tax riots and fuel price protests.

For the last 10 years we've been frogs in a saucepan with the tories slowly turning up the heat.

I wonder how the British would enjoy starting work half an hour earlier, finishing half an hour later just so everyone can have a 2-hour lunch, in which time you can't get anything done, other than go home for lunch. Because everything is shut for lunch.

In this aspect, I wish the French were a bit more like the British. My business partner does it nearly every day...leaving me the Brit with a sandwich in front of my computer.

I wonder how the British would enjoy starting work half an hour earlier, finishing half an hour later just so everyone can have a 2-hour lunch, in which time you can't get anything done, other than go home for lunch. Because everything is shut for lunch.

In this aspect, I wish the French were a bit more like the British. My business partner does it nearly every day...leaving me the Brit with a sandwich in front of my computer.

I'd buy that for a dollar, 2 hour lunch vs no lunch? Sign me up.

Last time I was in Brittany farmers shrink wrapped all public service vehicles in protest, it took the day to free them. You’ve got to admire the ingenuity.

We used to stand up to things, remember poll tax riots and fuel price protests.

For the last 10 years we've been frogs in a saucepan with the tories slowly turning up the heat.
49172821678_b170efb252_o.jpg

I'd buy that for a dollar, 2 hour lunch vs no lunch? Sign me up.
I'd rather work through lunch and go home at 2, I worked like this for the last 15 years. Start at 7 finish at 2ish and be home no later than 3 everyday. Missed the traffic going to work and missed it coming home.

I'd rather work through lunch and go home at 2, I worked like this for the last 15 years. Start at 7 finish at 2ish and be home no later than 3 everyday. Missed the traffic going to work and missed it coming home.
me too......the French I know rate going out for lunch as much as I used to rate going out on the piss on a Friday night...small yet huge cultural differences.

The French government proposes to make many French people, and their children, a lot poorer. The French people organise and protest.
So the French people didn't vote for this Macron geezer then?

Reactions: Joe

advertisement

Back