advertisement

I swear that I will pay true allegiance to your majesty, and to your heirs and successors…..

Good Afternoon:

•King Charles III is crowned

•Peaceful protest is now criminalised

You are now up to date

Claudia Webbe MP (Twitter).

It is deeply disturbing that organisers of the #NotMyKing protest in London have been arrested this morning, before the protest even began.

Whatever you think of the monarchy, the right to peaceful protest is fundamental to democracy.

This is a chilling violation of that right.

Zara Sultana MP (Twitter).

Really enjoying movies on the telly this afternoon.
Escape to Victory followed by the Dambusters.
Hopefully Zulu should follow

Really enjoying movies on the telly this afternoon.
Escape to Victory followed by the Dambusters.
Hopefully Zulu should follow

I was going to say couldn't make it up - but, sadly I'm not at all surprised at the schedule. They've dubbed out *igger for Trigger in the Dambusters - how very woke!

Just watching C4 News to see how they cover the Tory state authoritarianism and deranged police behaviour (not enough). What a vile and vulgar spectacle the whole coronation thing was. I have little if any respect for religion as is, but this fawning and pampering an idol built on stolen wealth is heretical to my understanding of the New Testament (and yes, I have read it). It really is a repulsive spectacle, the anointing of illegitimate wealth at a time so many millions are living in very real poverty. If there ever was a Jesus he’d have been on the side of the protestors today for sure. Assuming he’d escaped deportation to Rwanda.

PS I found Penny Mordant amusing since someone on Twitter pointed out she came as the Poundland logo (Twitter).

Good Afternoon:

•King Charles III is crowned

•Peaceful protest is now criminalised

You are now up to date

Claudia Webbe MP (Twitter).

It is deeply disturbing that organisers of the #NotMyKing protest in London have been arrested this morning, before the protest even began.

Whatever you think of the monarchy, the right to peaceful protest is fundamental to democracy.

This is a chilling violation of that right.

Zara Sultana MP (Twitter).

You have to wonder if it would have been any different under a Labour government though.

This won't get through ofc, but I wish more open minded people had watched and listened to the actuality of the ceremony, understood it's intention and thought before posting.
If you live in a dark room, exclude all actual experience, and allow yourself to be ruled by prejudice and suspicion?
You're not that likely to see any good in anything other than your own fears.

This won't get through ofc, but I wish more open minded people had watched and listened to the actuality of the ceremony, understood it's intention and thought before posting.
If you live in a dark room, exclude all actual experience, and allow yourself to be ruled by prejudice and suspicion?

You've completely missed the point of this thread.

It's a competition for who can display the greatest moral outrage.

Or maybe some folk just wonder why a bloke worth billions can't pay for his own £250m party?

My fears were confirmed in Trafalgar Square, as were those of other people with eyes to see. Intention, prejudice and suspicion without ceremony or justice, only arbitrary arrest, on display.

This country is descending into authoritarianism, those who are happy to look the other way when a very rich man’s bling is flashed at them in a ceremony to celebrate that arbitrary authority, as well vested interest, extraordinary privilege and the extraction of wealth, have a lot to answer for

your vanishing up your asses boys.
Just have one day without the blinkers. At least try it. What's the worst that can happen?

Hahahaha you're well and truly clutching at straws to justify the unjustifiable.

They'd have to be fairly stupid terrorists to choose a method of blending in that is going to garner the most amount of attention.

Personally I'd be arresting anyone waving a Union flag as that is the more likely method terrorists would use to blend in and not attract attention

I see the Tory police state apologists are out in force.

Haha stop being such a drama queen, I don't agree with the police approach to protesters today and I'm no tory fan.

It's farcical the way this thread has escalated with subsequent posters trying to out do each other on how outraged they are about things, it's nothing more than crazy people screaming at pigeons.

advertisement

Back