advertisement

I need a new copy of Abbey road. Which one?

Rockmeister

pfm Member
I have all the Beatles LP's, all bought at the time, and most are still fine and playable but my 'Abbey Road' is scratched beyond use. I'll keep it for the memories but despite having Spotify remasters and the CD I'd like a decent vinyl copy. New, not used. There seem plenty around, but which release, at a sensible price will be close to the original pressing in SQ please. I'll buy a remaster if it's totally eye opening and not too expensive. Maybe under £30? 40??
Thanks.

I have one of those ^ still shrink-wrapped if you want it. Comes With Free Magazine! And Useful Box! And Poster! Which will make it a pain to post!

I have all the Beatles LP's, all bought at the time, and most are still fine and playable but my 'Abbey Road' is scratched beyond use. I'll keep it for the memories but despite having Spotify remasters and the CD I'd like a decent vinyl copy. New, not used. There seem plenty around, but which release, at a sensible price will be close to the original pressing in SQ please. I'll buy a remaster if it's totally eye opening and not too expensive. Maybe under £30? 40??
Thanks.
I don't think that there is a simply answer to this question. The 2019 vinyl issue is a remix. So the character of the record is different. If you want the original mix, this thread on Steve Hoffman forums suggests that the 2012 version is from the 24bit/44.1Khz 2009 digital files prepared for CD release. The source of this assertion is this article, where Sean Magee the cutting engineer explains it. So, if you subscribe to the idea that higher sampling rates are required for excellent sonics, the SQ may not be as good as the 2019 remix, which was cut from higher resolution files.

Seriously? That’s lovely of you. Happy to pay any costs involved. I’ll pm you my address?
Perhaps not quite as lovely as you thought... I hadn’t meant for free, but you can have it for the cover price of a tenner plus p/p should you want. As I mentioned above, it will be tricky to send as a whole, but if you are happy for me to discard the cardboard folder and just send the album/binder box/magazine/poster it will go in a standard mailer, I think.

52038892827_58015885ed.jpg

Yes, pm me your address if you want to have it.

advertisement

Back