advertisement

I must be mad but this petrol head itch needed a scratch.

erm...me thinks the words of a man in love....I had one alongside an Audi A6...not that comparable. Nice car though.

Not really a fair comparison that, A6 is somewhat more upmarket than an A4 or 3 series or whatever they were labelled as in 2003.

I'm not sure about that, I had one. It was a bit Sofa Warehouse. It was a damned sight more comfortable to sit in than an A4/A6/3 series, but that's not hard.

I had an Audi before I bought my current Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X, that is 16 yrs old now & still running great, the interior materials used are as good as many German comparable models & was far superior to any Audi or BMW in roadholding & comfort.

Mainstream German built cars are not all they are made out to be, the marketing hype has made that into a somewhat need to be achieved platform that many want to aspire to, myself included, I am disappointed beyond belief in what I have gone through lately with German engineered cars.

Anyway, test drive tomorrow hopefully now I am back home.

Listen...it's a good car, and I loved our estate. As an overall package it was 'nicer' than the Audi, especially on a run...very comfy for my 6ft+ and went well. It was very reliable too until the usual chain tensioner occured, but even that was cheap...but, built like an Audi (who, IMO do interior build better than Merc and BMW) it was not. If the Mondeo was a 6, the BM was 7, the merc 8 and Audi 9. This was 2003.

Listen...it's a good car, and I loved our estate. As an overall package it was 'nicer' than the Audi, especially on a run...very comfy for my 6ft+ and went well. It was very reliable too until the usual chain tensioner occured, but even that was cheap...but, built like an Audi (who, IMO do interior build better than Merc and BMW) it was not. If the Mondeo was a 6, the BM was 7, the merc 8 and Audi 9. This was 2003.

Look, in my opinion my Mondeo is better built & more reliable than the Audi that I had in 2003 before I bought it, that is my opinion so that is what counts for me. I had nothing but trouble with the Audi I had, think it was an Audi A6 Avant from memory, it was far from reliable with atrocious ventilation, dodgy electrics, I could go on & on but no need.

I had an Audi before I bought my current Mondeo Mk3 Ghia X, that is 16 yrs old now & still running great, the interior materials used are as good as many German comparable models
Yes, the Ghia models have always been a cut above your usual LX fare.

& was far superior to any Audi or BMW in roadholding & comfort.
That I can believe, mine was a battered old basic 1.8 and it was a decent drive. I like Ford seats, they have always fitted me better than those in other cars.

m German built cars are not all they are made out to be, the marketing hype has made that into a somewhat need to be achieved platform that many want to aspire to
Absolutely. It's a marketing triumph but only in the UK. Go to Germany and they don't believe that VW is anything other than a run of the mill manufacturer of normal family cars.

Look, in my opinion my Mondeo is better built & more reliable than the Audi that I had in 2003 before I bought it, that is my opinion so that is what counts for me. I had nothing but trouble with the Audi I had, think it was an Audi A6 Avant from memory, it was far from reliable with atrocious ventilation, dodgy electrics, I could go on & on but no need.
O
K
It is of no matter. Good luck.

advertisement

Back