advertisement

I can't be arsed

I too find that music can sometimes get in the way of listening to hifi.

Perhaps you should try some nice flute music next time:)

This thread surprises me because I wonder how many times you must have listened to Deep Purple, and still find it highly entertaining? Nothing wrong with Deep Purple, but I do sometimes wonder how people listen to the same music they did since the 70's without getting bored of it!

Truth is, you won't really know until its 2030 and you're talking about music from 2000 - you're too young to know ;)

Speak for yourself - I come to gloat.

funny:p

It's all about the music and occassionally in our willy measuring contests (speaking purely for myself here) we lose sight of that. Saying that, my system never sounded better and I am enjoying a wider variety of music thanks to Spottify.

Subjectively, my willy is the biggest I know of.

I have no intention of subjecting it to double-blind ABX testing. Mainly because my wife won't let me.

My favourite thread title of the year. I have many £k's worth sitting in the living room and now find myself looking forward to Saturdays in the garage listening to Radio 2 on my wife's 15yo Sony midi system. The speakers have cone tweeters FFS! I find excuses to stay out there, making shelves and the like.

Alot is down to room acoustics actually. Stuff in the garage really grooves.

I was dropping some stuff off at the local tip and started going thru the old electrical gear and grabbed a 90's Pioneer midi receiver that works. That's when I realized I couldn't be arsed with audiophilia..

This thread surprises me because I wonder how many times you must have listened to Deep Purple, and still find it highly entertaining? Nothing wrong with Deep Purple, but I do sometimes wonder how people listen to the same music they did since the 70's without getting bored of it!

You must really hate birthday parties.

Repetition is the only essential ingredient in music.

Greg,

teddy, your quest to protect noobs is confusing your mind.
I doubt pink fish has any audio noobs — i.e., people who have recently discovered they can spend a small fortune on audio kit. (Some have just discovered the forum, but that's a different matter.)

My completely unscientific survey suggests that everyone here has been "into audio" for a while.

Joe

people who need rituals to make their hi fi 'sound' different need psychiatric help.

god only knows how they behave at gigs....maybe they don't do music that they can't in some way have an 'influence' on.....

the less you worry about the 'fi' the less you need the 'foo'....more music to your elbow.;)

Here's one for yer all, a mate said to his wife,while they were listening to a live BBC broadcast we think it was the proms, I wonder what these speaker cables and interconnects he had been given will sound like with this piece of music, So he started to change all the cables.
when every thing had been connected he sat down to listen to the live broadcast and low and behold it had finished. L O L.
Just thought i would add a bit of humor

Here's one for yer all, a mate said to his wife,while they were listening to a live BBC broadcast we think it was the proms, I wonder what these speaker cables and interconnects he had been given will sound like with this piece of music, So he started to change all the cables.
when every thing had been connected he sat down to listen to the live broadcast and low and behold it had finished. L O L.
Just thought i would add a bit of humor

You hear stories from hi-fi dealers of the couple coming in to demo gear. The music's playing and the man is busy quizzing the dealer about brands, spec's, cables and rubbish whilst the wife is busy tapping her foot to the beat of the MUSIC

advertisement

Back