advertisement

Hyperfi - any experiences?

Paulq2

pfm Member
I have seen a couple of things on their website that had me interested. They are listed as B Stock which in reality may mean anything but wondered if anyone had any experience buying from them that they can share as I have never dealt with them before?

Reviews online seem mixed.

******EDIT ORIGINAL POST DELETED*******

@Paulq2 - sorry despite my original post, I have no experience of Hyperfi, I was getting them confused with Superfi, who are the ones I have dealt with.

Apologies

S

Last edited:
I bought a Denon amp and some speakers for my son from them last year. Supposedly ‘B’ stock but appeared perfect, fully guaranteed and arrived safely/well packaged. Recommended, their prices were great.

I think they also have an eBay shop under a different name and prices are slightly higher but you would be covered by eBay guarantee if something went wrong ?

A couple of friends have bought items from them and the items arrived as good as new despite being B stock. The Marantz item was in a rather tatty box but the amp worked perfectly. Same for the Rotel power amp.

I'd definitely use them if I had a need.

I bought a marantz cd 6006 UK edition from them back in February 2020 via the eBay shop.
Marked as refurbished stock ,it looked in mint condition and has performed flawlessly since.

Very happy with it.

Bought a Rotel power amp from them a couple of months ago. Described as B-stock but it might as well be brand new. Great pricing and all the usual warranty, and it turned up the day after I ordered it. I'd happily buy from them again.

It usually covers customer returns and display models too; that's what HyperFi state, and they do say that some items might have very minor signs of use. I was a little anxious because I am extremely anal about the condition of my equipment, but yeah it was factory sealed :)

Bought a few things in the 80s from them,when ye still looked in magazines and then phoned the shops :p There were several of my friends and workmates who bought from them, then. It was a good, solid, reliable shop , but most hi-fi shops were, I can only comment on 30 years ago but reputations tend to stay - apart from Lord Sugar, aka Amstrad. Don't think he ever sold anything that was'nt returned to him. Computers saved him - only 30% return rate.:D

advertisement

Back