advertisement

HumminGuru

I've been re-using the water for the five records through so far. Not sure how much the water filter in the container is catching, but the water is becoming a home of floating detritus after every clean.

I'm impressed by how quiet it is.

How’s everyone getting on with their Hummingurus so far? Any early thoughts on how performance compares with a mid-range wet-vac RCM?

I just bought one today - £362.54 including delivery to Belfast. That's with the additional 7" & 10" adapters. Will have to wait & see if any duties are applied when it lands in the UK.
FYI, just been charged £57.22 for VAT & Fedex disbursement charges as the package has just landed in the UK.

How’s everyone getting on with their Hummingurus so far? Any early thoughts on how performance compares with a mid-range wet-vac RCM?
I can only go on how the cleaned records look because I don't have any amps. I cleaned my first record with distilled water - a few small fingerprints remained. I broke the golden rule on record #2 and used distilled water with 10% IPA and a drip of rinse aid - incredibly clean and any grease marks had been eradicated. The second record dried completely whereas the first had some small drips remaining.
I'm impressed; without being able to hear the records they look clean and the water looks dirty! Compared to my VPI the HumminGuru is very quiet too.

Preorders for the next batch opened today. I'm very tempted as I need to invest in a cleaner at some point. How is everyone who already has one getting on with it now?

Thanks for reminding me, I had nearly forgotten this after the site had none for sale when I last checked some time ago.

Purchased :)

Preorders for the next batch opened today. I'm very tempted as I need to invest in a cleaner at some point. How is everyone who already has one getting on with it now?
I've been really impressed with mine - I use a traditional mix of fluid against the wishes of the maker and I'm not even sorry! It removes even the most stubborn fingerprints with a long clean (5 mins) and I always go for the 10 min dry. I reduce it to 2 mins for a new or cleaner LP.

Thanks James for the prompt. I've bought the accessories pack.

I'm impressed with the cleaning ability of my Humminguru.

Open for backing now :)

I have backed.:)

Interesting idea using a mini ultrasonic bath to clean the cartridge tip only.

Some hollow cantilevers may suffer from the capillary action and moisture on the working parts, it will be good to have thoughts on this.

Had contact that my record cleaner is on its way from China :)

Anyone have any reliable UK web links to quality cleaning fluids ( de-ionized/distilled water, IPA, detergent) that they use and mix details which have been successful for record cleaning in the HumminGuru?

Many thanks.

Interesting idea using a mini ultrasonic bath to clean the cartridge tip only.

Without having used the product (obviously) this image worries me:

62f46cab1fa74dcd847487b0ec1d141e_original.gif

I am wary about having the cantilever resting on a pad around the middle of its length. Could be harmless tho.

Just received my HumminGuru from the latest June 20th release, wasn't too keen on the expensive shipping and import duties but decided to bite the bullet and I have to say it's worth every penny.
Settled on 5mins clean, then 5mins clean and 10mins dry, perhaps overkill but it gave me a chance to listen to a side of a cleaned record while another was doing. The biggest surprise was how the soundstage felt bigger. I thought I was possibly enthusiastically imaging things but then my better half came in a sat down and asked what I had done to the room to improve the sound. Cleaned about 12 LPs and everyone sounded 'bigger'. Anyone else noticed this or did I get a special one?

That sounds good @Splityew

Are all the Humminguru owners here happy so far? I’d still be interested if anyone’s compared results from (or in combination with) a “traditional” vac-based cleaning machine?

advertisement

Back