advertisement

HumminGuru

I just received my HumminGuru. I am very impressed with the results.
I first thought to wash all the lps in batches, but for now I choose a few discs I want to listen to, listen to one, and the next lps are cleaned in the kitchen while I listen to music.

Had mine a couple of years or so. Very happy with how easy it is to use and the results which have been surprisingly good to my ears.

Had my HG for 2 years or so. Cleaned over 1000 records. Softened water from the tap and a dash of rinse aid to act as surfactant. Change water each time. Easy. If the lp is real dirty it gets 3 off 10 minute sessions. Bit overkill but so what.
Thoroughly recommended, especially at the price.

Mine arrived on Thursday, 2nd hand, courtesy of @Dean Jordan of this parish.

I've had an Okki Nokki for years and found it very effective although, generally, I've always waitedu ntil I've had a dozen or so albums to clean and then had a 'cleaning fest'. After my HG arrived I spotted Tomek's post above and though, 'Ace, I'll try that!'

Thursday evening was great! I listened to music in the lounge whilst the HG did its stuff in the kitchen. I'd check on progress every 11 minutes of so and put another LP in the HG.

Last summer, I offered to clean a couple of LPs for a friend (who gave me several more than I'd intended). I worked my way through them on Friday (having put it off for months). The HG, made this a doddle. I used 3 drops from The Small Bottle for the HG cleaning liquid mixed with ultra-pure water from the two cycle reverse osmosis machine in the biotech research labs at work (get me). Apparently 'distilled water' is so passé!.

However, some were so grungy I had to do them twice, the second time round with a manual clean using MoFi Super Record Wash using a goat hair brush followed by an auto 5 minute clean and 5 minute dry cycle on the HG. This combination of manual and HG proved ideal for some very greasy records.

In two days, I've cleaned more albums with less efffort and just as good results, if not better than I got with the wet and vac dry Okki Nokki over a number of months. I think the real win is the fact one can 'push the button and walk away', knowing it will be clean and dry when you get back.

Also the HG is such a neat form factor; easy to store (it fits with all the bits into a Really Useful 35L box) and easy to use.

I'm very impressed. It's a keeper.

advertisement

Back