advertisement

How to upload photos on PFM ?

Denzil Sequeira

pfm Member
Hi,

I’ve more or less given up trying to post photos on PFM, this is my last ditch attempt and need help.

I tried photobucket, Dropbox, Google drive iCloud link nothing works on PFM. I've tried different browsers, Safari, Chrome and Firefox. Still no luck.

The links which are created using all the above apps/providers seems to load on all my other devices but they can't be uploaded on PFM. I'm avoiding Flicker because it seems to be unwieldy and one link oploads whole albums and there's also no privacy. So I haven't tried Flickr.

Any suggestions, help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Denzil

Basically you need to link to a proper filename, not a web page, so a lot of things like iCloud, Dropbox etc don’t work. The format has to be:

website.com/pathname/imagefile.jpg

Nothing else will work unless the site allows cutting and pasting whole chunks of BBCode, as for instance Flickr does. I have a Flickr account and have done for at least a decade now, so I don’t know what the other current alternatives are that work are. It is here that others can hopefully advise.

Use a free hosting site called IMGUR https://imgur.com/

SbtwLlD.jpg

AdqP4TB.jpg

Basically you need to link to a proper filename, not a web page, so a lot of things like iCloud, Dropbox etc don’t work. The format has to be:

website.com/pathname/imagefile.jpg

Nothing else will work unless the site allows cutting and pasting whole chunks of BBCode, as for instance Flickr does. I have a Flickr account and have done for at least a decade now, so I don’t know what the other current alternatives are that work are. It is here that others can hopefully advise.

Tony,

Please suggest to all new members and in your FAQ's that this is the easiest, fastest and best way to upload photos.

"Use postimage: https://postimages.org/. No need to host photos anywhere"

As suggested by Cav !

Thanks,

Denzil

If you use Flickr, strip off everything in the code outside the img and /img tags before posting and you don’t give access to other photos or personal details.

If you are on mac download iPic from the app store its brill, drag your image to its icon then copy the link

Your pics go somewhere in china though so nothing personal.

If you are on mac download iPic from the app store its brill, drag your image to its icon then copy the link

Your pics go somewhere in china though so nothing personal.

Thanks Gary, I'm using my iPhone most of the time. Will it work with an iPhone ?

Thanks Gary, I'm using my iPhone most of the time. Will it work with an iPhone ?

I was starting to despair but found that on my iphone I can use Imgbb web site via a link in Safari.

That gives you the option of selecting photos from your library, or taking then directly.

Best of all you can ask for embedded links

"BB Code medium" allows you copy perfect links to paste here.

Google photos work for me (I use my iPhone).
It’s free and reliable in time. iCloud doesn’t work.

Hmm, always struggled with this. Let's have a go :-

CHE

Post edit - superb ! Used 'Postimages'; dead simple.

advertisement

Back