advertisement

how to re-new the Naim (clamp 3, for sure) pucks

coltrane

electrobaroCKjazzer
thing is, why these pucks should be replaced is that those lil' rubber rings worn out by losing flexibility and, thus, their O-like shape, thus providing less than enough counterforce to the magnet that holds them on the spindle. since anyone can do it free, why waste money, and produce litter, instead of curing the problem the easiest way. that is, one should only insert lil', say 1x3mm, pieces of thin silicone strips right under the O-ring, between it and the adjacent plastic body part of the puck, to be more precise. and voila, the worn clamp just functions 100% as it should. it's a bit fiddly but can be done, be sure. as I have the Clamp 3-type puck I tried this only with it but am sure it works with all the others, too. cheers :)

hello,
could you send me a photo?
sorry, I don't understand where exactly the silicone strips should be inserted.
how thin should the silicone strips be?
thanks,
cheers

I did something similar years ago. I removed the three little rings of black rubber, and replaced them with sections of silicone tubing of more or less the same size that I happened to have lying around. Worked perfectly for years.

I did something similar years ago. I removed the three little rings of black rubber, and replaced them with sections of silicone tubing of more or less the same size that I happened to have lying around. Worked perfectly for years.
Exactly what I did, except I bought the tubing from a hobby shop.

Steve

advertisement

Back