advertisement

How to get into an epos es22 speaker? Its a mystery.

Made up a triple link at speaker terminals using speaker cable , large entry bananas and a pomona dual entry plug. Bit heath Robinson. Works fine.

What plugs are you talking about out of interest? Do you have any photos? I've used NACA5 in the past it's pretty stiff stuff but good. I'm on QED XT400 at the moment but like it, it's also really thick hard to get it terminated in any banana plugs actually let alone make special tri wire jumper links with it to fit sunken plugs like on the 22s.

What plugs are you talking about out of interest? Do you have any photos? I've used NACA5 in the past it's pretty stiff stuff but good. I'm on QED XT400 at the moment but like it, it's also really thick hard to get it terminated in any banana plugs actually let alone make special tri wire jumper links with it to fit sunken plugs like on the 22s.
Pm me your email address. Large entry 4mm banannas are handy. Available ebay. Pomona dual plugs ? My ones are ancient.

I have a set of es11s with a slight buzz funnily. I didnt think it was a defective driver I put that down to perhaps dirt. I will endeavour to solve that one day as well hopefully. Glad you helped out Simon thank you
I think it's because the mid range driver has a static phase plug (the middle bit) rather than one that's attached to the cone. This means there's no dust cover over the gap between the voice coil and the magnet so it's possible for debris to get in - that's what I'm assuming happened to mine. Try playing some loud music with the cabinet upside down or face down before you go as far as peeling the facia off, it may be all that's necessary

I think it's because the mid range driver has a static phase plug (the middle bit) rather than one that's attached to the cone. This means there's no dust cover over the gap between the voice coil and the magnet so it's possible for debris to get in - that's what I'm assuming happened to mine. Try playing some loud music with the cabinet upside down or face down before you go as far as peeling the facia off, it may be all that's necessary

11s are simple to get into there's no peeling involved there. And it seems to be the tweeter I have a slight buzz on, but mostly it's fine, I'm sure it maybe just dirt. Good idea about playing them at a different angle. I was thinking maybe just an air duster gently applied. The 22s is another thing. I want to combine the tri wire terminals to just two plugs. I only ever use single wire and those sunken plugs are a real inconvenience for that.

Last edited:
Carefully. Maybe better with a hot hair dryer ?

He definitely used a heat shrink gun, and he was extremely careful. The trick is to get the glue to loosen enough so that the fascia comes off without bending, which can happen if one isn’t careful. Start in one of the bottom corners, and work across to get the entire bottom edge of the fascia lifting up. Then, slowly work upward being very careful where the fascia gets narrow alongside the woofer and midrange drivers. This is where it’s easy to bend the fascia, so be careful here. Just go slow, and use enough heat to release the glue, and it’s really quite straight forward.
Nice loudspeakers, those es-22s. I have owned both the es-22 and the es-14, and loved them both...

Last edited:
Google led me to this thread (despite being a long term member of the forum).

Great to hear so much love for the ES-22. They've been partnering my Sugden Au51p amplifier since 1993.

Still happy with them both.

advertisement

Back