advertisement

How to childproof these..

Yes and in more ways than one... Been buying & changing nappies for 9 years now.. had enough... need a break from babies, so this is the last.!!.;)

Should have toilet trained your child earlier, still a career in politics for your child beckons.

I never child proofed my system, though only had one child, at that age (I bought 3 step daughters on eBay later) - we had active Isobariks, with many power amps, PSUs etc. A turntable in reach, and he never (as a child*) did any damage to the system, which is remarkable, as his bedroom was immediately above the speakers and one occasion there was so much bass all the toys fell off his shelf into his cot and woke him up (the loud music didn't, as he was used to it...)
We did have an issue with the bass disappearing on the Isobariks. The NAP250 that did the bass was at the bottom of the rack and the hamster scooted around the room in his ball and managed to poke the power switch on the front of the CB NAP250 - took us weeks to work that one out.

* at the age of 18 he managed to lose the puck of the CDS inside the CDS itself and then lost all the screws he removed trying to find it, by taking the panel off the back!

Given they are such a rare and collectable speaker I’d protect them at all costs. I have no concept of children, so I just don’t know how they work at various ages

visualize a dog

now visualize that dog in a room full of water balloons

now visualize that dog with spikes on all its extremities

and then visualize a creature with absolutely no moral compass

You’re close

nah, nothing like that.

v small childers- v small management issue, but that's more about you than the child's perception.

Only a little later they'll share your joy if you encourage it. For myself, i recall showing J aged about four yrs old how to load the cd player I had and listen to music she liked via headphones (Senn HD565 Ovations, new then)

Lis still hasn't forgiven me that by about 6, J's favourite albums were Primal Scream Screamadelica, and The Breeders Last Splash. But actually - Jess had found those for herself out of 2-3-4 hundred on the shelves she could reach; and they remain amongst her utmost-favourite

Jess is now 27.
The headphones I still have & use from time to time, and amongst many other things, this dad & daughter have a wide & common love of music, of every kind, with new things to learn from each other on that one theme all the time. Which is utterly priceless.

tl;dr: paranoia by blokes about bloke-toys is misplaced: focus on introducing children to the music!

I'd recommend doing the kid fence around your system I did that until my kid was about 2 and then I pulled it out once he was with it enough to understand "no don't mess with my system kid" and he understood perfectly as I only told him no when it was really important or necessary.

Unless the child(ren) has a recognised condition leading to behavioural problems then lessons in yes and no are overdue.
Mine were absolutely forbidden to touch the HiFi and a few other things, most of which were hot or otherwise potentially harmful to the child. Just apply the same rule.

Otherwise the giant sock mentioned earlier seems sensible.

I'd recommend doing the kid fence around your system I did that until my kid was about 2 and then I pulled it out once he was with it enough to understand "no don't mess with my system kid"..

As soon as they can crawl, they are old enough to learn yes and no. Before they can stand up, before they can talk.

Show your child a picture of a Puppy "See this this lovely cuddly puppy insert child name here?"

"Yes Daddy?!"

"Every time you touch Daddy's things without asking, a signal is sent down a wire, that starts a machine that squashes puppies as flat as pancakes!"

"hysterical crying"

Problem solved.

MjRclwyua92hOnZR4be3lR6cqLXBeCoYjasu7idLZPe7eBaOv_88zJAb4rBExPvNMk3H5ZXaOogLOEXLU66Mzvq7MdK-TCOmjd-SWL2N5v5Skvt9lx6KXrEb-Z-Z1UPhzzsCYRvoKj16czUS

could you put some sort of edging/surround around the outer edge of the grill so she can't get her little fingers behind it?

or a couple of velcro straps around each one?

Same principle but much prettier: a couple of leather straps like on the bonnet of a vintage Bentley..

advertisement

Back