advertisement

How often should I change the oil in my rega

Make sure to clean around the spindle. Changing the oil and mixing in dust will make wear rates worse

Remove sub-platter, taking care not to lose ball. Clean residue out with lint free cloth. If there's a dot where the ball has been, replace the bearing. If not, two drops only of EP80. That's if the deck is second hand. If not, then check every 10 years. Pretty much maintenance free things, Regas.

It doesn't really but it can dry out over a very long period of time. It's worth checking new decks especially as many delivery drivers deliver them to the stores ignoring the "this way up" signs so some may have run out. Thankfully they don't need much.

I'll have to dismantle the 30 year old Planar 3 at the bottom of the wardrobe that has not turned for 5 years

Why not just ask Rega? - they made it, so they should know. Incidentally, my Planar 3 is 1988 vintage and has never had attention to the spindle (it still spins freely)

not easy to replace the oil I think unless you are able to dismantle it? you put some in it goes down the tube, you replace the spindle and that forces the new oil out? does any get to the bottom where the bearing is?

Don't worry about servicing your car just drive it which it was designed to do.

:D;)

Pete

Seriously a cotton bud and a couple of drops of EP80, how long is it going to take?

Ted,

If the inner hub is not removed from the hub bearing assembly then there is no need to change the oil as it is not open to contamination from moisture / dust etc and there would only be a service requirement every 12 to 15 years. Hope this helps.

PD

The best way to change the oil in your Rega is store it upside down, then sell it to someone so they can change it after it spills out all over the belts, etc.

Not that this has ever happened to me. Oh no. :(

Ted,

If the inner hub is not removed from the hub bearing assembly then there is no need to change the oil as it is not open to contamination from moisture / dust etc and there would only be a service requirement every 12 to 15 years. Hope this helps.

PD

Thank you

advertisement

Back