advertisement

How much difference between streamers when using own dac?

DAC with galvanic isolation + good jitter rejection is the starting point.

If you have galvanically isolated async USB that's likely to be best. If not, then TOSLINK is a good option (I use this) - fine assuming effective jitter rejection in the DAC.

Clearly the casework of the DAC should provide proper shielding. Then there's shielding of the analog interconnects, which are usually not far from the streamer/digital interconnect. Balanced is good idea ... double shielded and star quad (like Gotham GAC 4/1 or Mogami 2534) is even better.

I've also put my streamer on battery supply - very cheap and easy - but that's probably paranoia.

Once I covered off all the above, I stopped worrying about it.

Chord Dave DAC has all the “galvanic isolation” in the world and still sound little bit shite when connected to apple notebook. When connected to CD transport or Aurender a10 streamer sound quality is not that shite anymore

Chord Dave DAC has all the “galvanic isolation” in the world and still sound little bit shite when connected to apple notebook. When connected to CD transport or Aurender a10 streamer sound quality is not that shite anymore

Now in this reply it is quite obviously showing us all that a transport matters if it can affect a well engineered top-end DAC like the Chord Dave, don't you all agree? This is pretty much conclusive!

advertisement

Back