advertisement

How many SqueezeBox Touch users in the forum

One SBT into Audiolab 8200AP, bog standard analogue bypass on the processor sounds pretty good too.

Will add a radio to the kitchen and bedroom when they're on offer again.

1 - SBT with Teddy PS into Naim DAC/555ps in main system - made CDS2 redundant, no real surprise with DAC/555ps at the tail end.

1 - SBT direct to Onix OA21s into B&W ceiling speakers in kitchen - Absolutely lovely - Mrs S not happy that prog occassionally invades the kitchen !

1 - SB Radio upstairs - bedroom, study, bathroom - great portable tunes. Thinking of getting another Radio for occassional stereo use in garden.

It has been said 1000 times here, but what an amazing device. Although to be honest the early days were a bit frought with software and other learning curve issues.

2 - SBT, both with M2 Tech evo

Amazing value combination. Keith said the dac might not make all that much difference. It does!

1 - duet for kitchen system. Seems to play only C+W music but that might be something to do with the wife being from Texas :)

I am thinking of buying SBT for internet radio, pls advise what else I can use it and if/how I can connect to my Rega DAC ?
sorry for my ignorance, am an old vinyl guy:p
Also where to get and what to recommend of best poss. PSU ?

I find coaxial better than optical into the Rega dac. I wouldn't bother with a linear ps until I had lived with it for a bit. I use vinyl as my main source as well, and I am happy with the standard PSU for stuff I cant get on vinyl - like I am listening to Concrete Blonde's Mexican Moon at the moment.

Bw, John

Main SBT standard PSU into Rega dac

Bedroom SBT standard PSU analogue out into Rega brio-r

Work SB Radio

I will probably get another radio when on offer to use in the garden - but I will test the wireless connection with the other one first.

I have 3 systems with SBT as the heart.

2 used with DACs to active speakers. 1 with passive..

SBT>>Mytek Stereo 96>>>yamaha hs80m

SBT>>forssell mDAC1>>>Klein and Hummell 0300d

SBT>>Mytek Stereo 96>>>Bryston 4b sst/mastersound due venti(;) )>>>link audio k100

1 x SBT (last Xmas on £135 offer)

...Wireless from my work at home "free" Draytek router / broadband

..stock PSU

...into old 1990s Westlake Dacmagic 2 MkII and MF x10d tube buffer.
(use the internal SBT DAC for Hi Def)

..control by cheap Chinese Android 7" Tablet and Squeezebox Commander.

Spotify Premium and I am listening to more music than at any point in my life on my pocket money system. :)

I keep reading about how you shouldn't do wireless and get a fancy PSU - but in IMHO there is not a lot wrong with what I am hearing !

Teddy Ray, only 3 houses? Bloody peasant!

one of them is on the family tobacco farm :) Im thinking about getting a SBT for the Boarding house/ cabin on our farm for the migrant workers we employ. I think they would really love some of the Latin Music Internet stations. maybe a Boom instead...hmm

One SBT in office connected to Meridian M3 actives. Lovely sound, though would like to try with an external DAC and analogue volume control...
Another one in the box waiting to go into the bathroom when done.

A SBT customised with Soundcheck's Toolbox 3.0, but with a number of differences to the default settings detailed in the following post http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showpost.php?p=1592781&postcount=43
With an external DAC I use a buffer setting of 12684.

I use a bus powered Toshiba USB HD direct connected to the SBT to store WAV files. The DAC is a bitstream Meridian 203. I have tried two modern DACS, but stuck with Meridian. The first was the M2Tech Evo DAC which I didn't find better and like the 203 is rather mains dependent. I took my SBT along to a dealer I listened to a permanently on M-DAC, so well run in, and with JW's prefered filter. It was a bit more detailed, but I still find myself more drawn by the 203. I will try one more modern DAC and call it a day.

I have a SB Classic & run it off the standard wall wart. I have a regulated power supply & couldn't tell the difference. I was told there's a scientific reason for this (by a respected LInn/Naim dealer) but can't recall what it was.

I was told there's a scientific reason for this (by a respected LInn/Naim dealer) but can't recall what it was.

??? WTF ??? "scientific reason" I think, that your dealer is very creative :)

The Logitech standard wall wart is good and some simple linear ps will be not beter, but with something like Teddy ps or some other high quality linear ps the difference is obvious even when you use the external DAC. The switched Logitech ps is not only powering SBT, it is also polluting with high frequency noise all other components in your system.

advertisement

Back