advertisement

How many Shahinian users on here

Pete

Currently mine are backs against the wall, but they are being used as surrounds in an AV system, when I udsed them as main speakers, they were fine against the wall for AV use, but the bass was muddled for music use, pulling them away from the wall cured this.

Pete

Currently mine are backs against the wall, but they are being used as surrounds in an AV system, when I udsed them as main speakers, they were fine against the wall for AV use, but the bass was muddled for music use, pulling them away from the wall cured this.

How far a few iches or feet? Are they also close to a corner? I'm just weighing up to see if they are worth a try in our house.

For 2 channel I reckon that you need at least 12-18in's for best sound. I have run mine close to corners but they are better away from corners.

Shahinians afe always worth a 'try'!!!

The thing I like about Shahinians is that they don't have spikes, so moving them to get the best sound is relatively easy.

How far a few iches or feet? Are they also close to a corner? I'm just weighing up to see if they are worth a try in our house.

I have mine 18 inches from the back wall and about the same fom the side walls, maybe a little more. Slightly turned in a few degrees, but nothing much.

Once heard, difficult to remove from the music room :)

The thing is with the Shahinians you can pretty well place them anywhere. In my room circa 26 * 16 ft I pull them about 3 ft out for good very loud and extraordinarily deep bass. Some PFMers who have visted Death Star have jumped when the bass goes deep.

These are Obs being fed >1600w into 4 Ohms per channel! I still yearn though for the Diaps but SWMBO says that they are too big and unfortunately I have to agree. I wanna super Obs. The Hawks don't do it for me.

Cheers,

DV

New Arc owner here. I'm not a serial box-swapper so I've heard a fairly limited number of speakers, but with that caveat, I'm loving them.

One thing I'd read about Arcs before was that they could be bass-light....definitely not my experience! I've been playing 'Hidden' by These New Puritans which has some deep bass, african drums etc - been amazed at the weight of the bass, particularly when you look at their cute-ish dimensions.

There's a pair of (older) Arcs on eBay finishing shortly which might turn out to be a bargain?

Cheers,

Rob

I use ARC's (with naim olive kit) and I've yet to hear anything in that price bracket I'd swap em for. Interesting to read about the amps that get the best out of these speakers though. I've got a 250 so do you think it would be worth trying out something more powerful?
Interesting to read about the disabling of SOA protection circuits or is that only deemed necessary if using obs?

Oh, the cats have trashed the speaker grills, but at least they now match the rest of my house which the kids have seen to..............shabby chic is the way forward from here!

Andy.

I've swapped around which amps are driving which speakers at home. Currently the Arcs are being driven by a pair of ncc200-based monoblocs and seem happy with that.

Rob

I've heard the same comments about Compasses, but they aren't bass either, certainly not with a half decent power amp anyway.

I take it your a Compass user.

Is it true these need a lot less space to work in than the Arcs, i'd love to try a pair but would probably need to buy blind as there is not a dealer near by.

I take it your a Compass user.

Is it true these need a lot less space to work in than the Arcs, i'd love to try a pair but would probably need to buy blind as there is not a dealer near by.

I really couldn't say that they need a lot less space - I thought Arc's were pretty unfussy in that respect?

My room is 13ftx12ft, but John Burns said he's had his Obelisks working great in a room not much bigger than that.

I really couldn't say that they need a lot less space - I thought Arc's were pretty unfussy in that respect?

My room is 13ftx12ft, but John Burns said he's had his Obelisks working great in a room not much bigger than that.

Interesting, my listening area is about the same as yours, probably worth giving it a go then..

advertisement

Back