advertisement

How do you copy from CF to SD cards?

ex brickie

pfm Member
I have a DVD recorder that takes an SD card which is excellent for showing photos. However, that was all fine whilst I used an SD card in a compact digital camera but I've just bought a Nikon digital SLR which takes a CF card. Is there a way of copying the pictures from a CF to SD please so I can show them on a TV screen from my DVD player?

Cheers

Robert

Funny enough I've already ordered a dual card reader like this but didn't realise you can copy from one card (CF) to another (SD)? Is that what you mean? Cheers

Once they're in the card reader, they are just like another disk attached to the computer.
Depending upon the reader, you may be able to use both at the same time, or you may have to do it in two stages (ie. put in the source card and copy the entire thing to the computer's hard disk, and then swap cards and copy from the compuer onto the other card).

But, it might be worth clarifying what you want to do it for...
If it is to get all of your photos on one camera onto another, then there may be incompatibilities with the format of the pictures, the names of folders, and so-on.

Hi Prowla

I don't need the pictures to go from one camera per se to another. Just the different cards so I can play the SD card through my DVD player as a slide show

Mr Brickie, rare is the camera now that does not come with a lead to plug into your tele, did you check?

Hi Prowla

I don't need the pictures to go from one camera per se to another. Just the different cards so I can play the SD card through my DVD player as a slide show
In that case, the method above should be fine.
(Or you could copy them to a DVD, which is cheaper.)

advertisement

Back