advertisement

How did I not know...

There is even an Amazon link for it!

PS I’ve never actually heard it, will have a listen on YouTube at some point. I have got the Dread Zeppelin album Un-Led-Ed though, even saw them live. That’s Led Zeppelin, dub-style, fronted by an Elvis impersonator, which is the best of all worlds.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I like dub and I like dark side of the moon, I’m not at all sure I’d like them together though.

PS I’ve never actually heard it, will have a listen on YouTube at some point. I have got the Dread Zeppelin album Un-Led-Ed though, even saw them live. That’s Led Zeppelin, dub-style, fronted by an Elvis impersonator, which is the best of all worlds.
:oops:

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

Words fail me ... not in a bad way, that's just quite a combination!

And Dubber Side of the Moon too - remixes / dubs by various producers including Adrian Sherwood. Easy Star All-Stars have done DSOTM, Ziggy Stardub, Thrillah, Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Dub Band and Radiodread, as far as I know. For me Dub Side... is the original and best but I got tired of it fairly quickly. A bonus is the track lengths are the same as the original so the Wizard Of Oz thing works.

Dub side is excellent, and dubber side also brilliant though a bit more 'out there'. If you haven't heard them, then well worth a listen!

I’ve also seen them live & have their album on vinyl. They are better than Led Zeppelin who bore me to tears.

... There was a Dub Side of the Moon album?!

Any one else late to the party in discovering a new version of something, or new album by an old fave?
I have a signed vinyl of it.

This will bake your noodle - there is also a Dubber Side of The Moon, which I also have a signed copy of. Both are excellent.

Easy All Stars are also a fantastic band to see live if you ever get the chance.

I’ve also seen them live & have their album on vinyl. They are better than Led Zeppelin who bore me to tears.

Pretty much my view too. Never been a LZ fan. I kind of like the first album and Whole Lotta Love, but that’s about it. As such when I saw them (tagged along with some friends) I didn’t even recognise half the songs! Great fun though. Much later I found the album mint/sealed NOS yellow vinyl variant in Vinyl Exchange’s floor bin for a quid. Vinyl Exchange used to be really good for bargains prior to the vinyl revival, I landed so much great stuff there. Nothing now, not even worth looking. That record is an amazing sounding thing, huge powerful and weighty sound (this one: Discogs).

Pretty much my view too. Never been a LZ fan. I kind of like the first album and Whole Lotta Love, but that’s about it. As such when I saw them (tagged along with some friends) I didn’t even recognise half the songs! Great fun though. Much later I found the album mint/sealed NOS yellow vinyl variant in Vinyl Exchange’s floor bin for a quid. Vinyl Exchange used to be really good for bargains prior to the vinyl revival, I landed so much great stuff there. Nothing now, not even worth looking. That record is an amazing sounding thing, huge powerful and weighty sound (this one: Discogs).

I’m pretty sure that’s the one I have. Last I looked it wasn’t particularly valuable but a ice thing to have.

The Dread Zep is a great album, agreed that it's a great sounding album...I'm going to have to find my LP and have a listen this weekend. My poor Radfords don't know what's coming their way!

Just looking at the track list and remembering their great take on Moby Dick.

And the price on Discogs, not massive, but more than I would have thought.

Funnily enough, after listening to it a few times (many years ago) it felt like the original was the cover! Not so keen on their other offerings though.
I also saw Dread Zeppelin live, at Manchester Uni, and the crowd of fairly drunk students were chanting "You fat bastard!" at the singer in a cheerful and rather affectionate manner, which confused the hell out of him! 😁

And the price on Discogs, not massive, but more than I would have thought.

My link is for the limited US yellow vinyl I found in Vinyl Exchange’s £1 bin, the standard issue is only a tenner or so.

I did great out of that £1 bin, e.g. found two absolutely mint promo-stickered copies of this (Discogs)! Someone here has got one as I sold one and kept one myself. It wasn’t valuable back then (about 10-15 years ago) so I’d just have chucked it out at £6.50-8 or so. So many more great albums too. It is depressing now, just full of junk.

Luther Wright & The Wrongs

zunior_lutherwrightandthewrongs_rebuildthewall_1000_grande.jpg

...a C&W take on Floyd's "The Wall".

ISTR there’s a Gov’t Mule album of Floyd covers too. Not one of theirs I’ve heard, though they’ve done some interesting covers in the past. Probably more straight ahead than the stuff above though…

And blessed by Percy.

7dc7dceef51d180cd41dfe06c2374588.jpg

The follow up, "5,000,000" is worth a punt too.

advertisement

Back