advertisement

How can I put a Naim Supercap to good use?

HansW

pfm Member
I have a ’left over’ Naim Supercap DR. Is it possible and desirable to use it to power Switches, Routers, DACs, servers (if the voltages match)?

There is a lot written on the benfits of a good LPS on these components. The Supercap is great power supply

Best regards
Hans

Do you have vinyl and is some of it mono? You need a second turntable, or at least an arm, and another superline for the mono discs. Possibly an E version depending on cartridge choice.

Go active with a Snaxo, if you have the right speakers that is.

Sell it.

I have a ’left over’ Naim Supercap DR. Is it possible and desirable to use it to power Switches, Routers, DACs, servers (if the voltages match)?

There is a lot written on the benfits of a good LPS on these components. The Supercap is great power supply

Best regards
Hans
Flog it.

I guess the first question you need to ask yourself is would I spend the value of the Supercap (£1500-2000?) on something for the suggested uses?

It is a Classic Supercap DR from 2016. It has several 24V outlets and two 12V outlets. If they can be used for several servers/routers/switches it will be a lot cheaper than buying several Sean Jacobs units (which can power one component) at €6000 each.
Hans

Julian Vereker said he used a Linn power amp as a doorstop, so you could return the favour.

advertisement

Back