advertisement

Hook Up Wire?

PSD

I've searched the tinternet in vain for some good quality OFC hook up wire to use between a PSU and amp module. This is my first amp project and I cannot
believe how hard it is to source some wire.
Can anybody point me in the right direction?
Thanks
Paul

Have you tried Maplins? If you mean a screened audio interconnect, I have used their 'miniture' screened wire part number XR15R (I think). Check first to see if it is what you are looking for. Sorry just reread your thread, you mean to carry DC. Still try Maplins can't remember the number though.

Cheers nico.

Thanks chaps.
Audiocom do some OFC silver plated hook up wire 19x0.45 and 19x0.25 but
it seems v expensive at £5.50 + VAT/m. I'd like something around 19x0.35 to give a conductor diameter between 1.5mm to 2.0mm. If i ever find what I'm looking for I'll let you know where i got it from.
Paul.

Buy cheap OFC speaker cable and strip it for the cores? The Van Damme stuff Maplin (used to?) do would be ideal... 1.5, 2.5 or 4sqmm to choose from at low prices.

Paul,

How much do you need ? I've got some 14 AWG (19 X 0.36) silver plated PTFE wire here.I only have 2-3 metres left though iirc in white & brown.

I've got longer lengths of 16 AWG (19 x 0.3) in a few different colours if this is suitable.Pm me if I can help.

Paul.

Paul I've sent you a PM.

I like your idea Martin as I have a local Maplins but now I can't source any sleeving. I'll keep Googling.
Thanks again.

advertisement

Back