advertisement

Home colour development

Indeed, I think you just keep using the same jugs/cylinders etc. Different tanks I think is unnecessary. I received a set of tanks + processor from ebay, and stuck some B&W through both tanks first. No cleaning from the previous use, and these came out great. I then processed colour and this looks to be good.

Cesare

Indeed, I think you just keep using the same jugs/cylinders etc. Different tanks I think is unnecessary. I received a set of tanks + processor from ebay, and stuck some B&W through both tanks first. No cleaning from the previous use, and these came out great. I then processed colour and this looks to be good.

Cesare

Isn't it a long term thing though? Chemical saturation or whatever it's called? I read a bit about that on photo.net I think. Have you run any B&W through since you used it for colour? I'd have thought that would be where the problems could occur.
Come on then dude, lets see the results! :)

Good thinking Dan, I'll do the same. I keep forgetting I can open the tank after the fix.

If home-developing C-41 is as easy as you guys say it is, then I'm thinking this would be a great way to get into affordable large format colour...

Guy, there is an insert to the Jobo processor I have which takes 4*5 film. I've not got one, or a 4*5 camera for that matter, but it would be simple to also have that capability.

Here's one of mine - Kodak 400NC through the RZ67

3220013252_12c47e853d_o.jpg

Guy,

It's basically the same kit as you would need for B&W development, so you would need:

A developing tank + reel
A changing bag
A thermometer
Storage bottles for chemicals (2 for B&W, 3 for colour)
Measuring cylinders
Somewhere/something to hang your negs to dry

The best place to get going is to probably have a search on eBay and find a kit that someone is chucking out. These are the sorts of things people get bored of, so you may find all of this stuff together. Age doesn't matter, it's not very technical after all.

Cesare

There's a whole darkroom kit including jobo processor etc. on that ebay in Grays (or is it Greys?) in Essex if anyone can collect. Was only at 25 notes last night, ends this evening about 9. I want it but can't get it. Oooo errr.
Ordering a colour kit this afternoon I reckons.

advertisement

Back