advertisement

Holly Cole

muzzer

Numb Nut
I watched a live performance by Holly Cole on the performance channel last night and was pretty impressed.I would like to try a cd by her so can anyone recommend one to buy.

Have a look at Blame it on My Youth. She also did a lovely cover album of Tom Waits songs, the name of which escapes me, as does my copy! Must have leant it out: ( . Arranged, if memory serves, by Greg Cohen, Waits' main bass player at the time. A later record, Dear Dear Heart, is more slickly produced with an MOR sheen and too many fretless bass moments for my liking. What was the show like?

Kevin

What was the show like?
Damm good, I only got to see the last few songs but I was impressed with the singing and the backing band were top notch especially the bass player, she did a great cover of a Jonny Nash song..Hopefully it will be on again soon.

I ended up getting Don't Smoke in Bed and I am glad I did, its a superb album great production like shes in the room, puts the likes of Dido etc to shame.I have ordered Girl Talk and It Happened One Night Live on the strength of it. You can pick them up on Amazon for about £3 apiece, bloody bargain!

advertisement

Back