advertisement

Holiday HiFi

Bose Soundlink Mini if flying, Audio Pro Addon T3 if driving. The Audio Pro is superb, currently listening to it around a firepit.

Bose Soundlink Mini if flying, Audio Pro Addon T3 if driving. The Audio Pro is superb, currently listening to it around a firepit.
Minirig ( made in Bristol). Can be 1.0/2.0/2.1 depending on transport/accommodation driven by Ifi Air Blue and Phone.

For years I had one of the cheaper Sony DAP's I used to take on trips with B&W P7 headphones.

That player died on me recently and I have been on the hunt for a replacement. I have just ordered an Astell & Kern Kann Max DAP because they had it on about a 50% sale. This looks like it will be a significant step up from the Sony. I can even use it as a Roon endpoint around the house to drive my home headphones.

Also looking at upgrading the travel headphones to some Dan Clark Audio Aeon2 Noire headphones.

Phone with nice wireless earbuds & a wireless speaker for the car because the earbuds are too distracting while driving. 🎶

Fiio X3 for FLAC playback, either Chord Dunu Titan 1 headphones or Cambridge Audio Melamania wireless earbuds. Bose Soundlink Mini bluetooth speaker...

Music on the move is so important!

Birdseed007

I’ve heard amazing things about the Minirig’s
but never actually heard one!
Excellent. They sound great and have very good UK support. The battery lasts about 50 hours. Buy one satellite and if you like it buy a second for stereo. I don’t usually take the sub though given the tiny boot on a Mini convertible. Mine are early models so only basic bluetooth hence the Ifi Zen for LDAC. The analogue input misses out the DSP. This is one UK product I am very happy to recommend.

Phone and earbuds but find I don't really listen to much music if I go to my favourite destination, enjoying the peace and quiet of being on a river bank.. If I am somewhere else I am more likely to listen to music.

Not necessarily holiday hi-fi, but holiday music (that’s the important bit for me) - right now this…

i.php

…is feeding these…

20240622094942-e115c726-sm.jpg

(not the Mingus-loving feral cat, obvs. Feeding her is my job. Or so she tells me in no uncertain terms.)

Last edited:

advertisement

Back