advertisement

Hifi terminology - stupid question

It is my humble opinion that what the term means and refers too can easily be ascertained by anybody with a secondary school education from the threads it is mentioned on and I therefore maintain my stance .

I guess the OP is either one or the other, yes.

It is my humble opinion that what the term means and refers too can easily be ascertained by anybody with a secondary school education from the threads it is mentioned on and I therefore maintain my stance .
what any sort of secondary school education?

Yes, but do they work? I propose a double blind test.

For this, we'll need two cats, level-matched with precisely the same amount of cat pee, some sort of absorbent material to receive the non-deflected urine, a deflected and an undeflected target and some way of determining whether the deflected pee is identical to the undeflected pee.

We'll need to test this several times, ideally with different pairs of cats, and if we can definitively spot 12 times out of 16 that some form of deflection has been performed, I think the whole matter can be closed.

Or am I just taking the piss?
I'm sorry but I draw the line at blinding cats. Even once.

It can be ascertained but would a self declared lurker (the OP) rather than an active Member like yourself think to search? They may wish to test the waters of how their post/question is received by other members in which case I guess he will remain a lurker.

In case you missed it
Obvious troll I am not, just curious about words and phrases I do not recognise. Long term lurker would be a better name for me.

Thank you to those that helped me understand, and thank you for the link, I get the name now!

Has one of your posts gone missing?

This is a typical "whatsnext" passive-aggressive post.

This place is just so full of 'Barrack Room' Psychologists, Lawyers etc..I need to move on. But.....I can't....it is like watching the fight in the playground, or pub, you just know common sense says "nothing to see here son", but you just stay...human nature I suppose..it always wins in the end.

Oh and did I use enuf ...........................'s in this?

Oh and sold the Tannoy's. Do I miss em, strangely yes, not for their Musical quality but for their 'impress the mates' factor..might get the missus some breast implants with the money, same matey impressiveness, and more fun...:)

It can be ascertained but would a self declared lurker (the OP) rather than an active Member like yourself think to search? They may wish to test the waters of how their post/question is received by other members in which case I guess he will remain a lurker.

In case you missed it

Has one of your posts gone missing?

Nah , just chose not to believe the op's 2nd post .

Oh and sold the Tannoy's. Do I miss em, strangely yes, not for their Musical quality but for their 'impress the mates' factor..might get the missus some breast implants with the money, same matey impressiveness, and more fun...:)

It would depend how you partner the Tannoys which brings this back on-topic...

It seems that my innocent question has caused some of you concern. I saw the phrase mentioned, in this thread I think: http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=132139 and wondered what it meant. I googled it and could only find links to Pink Fish, therefore assumed it was only a local thing on here. So yes, I did search for it before asking.

Considering the photo in that thread I thought it might have been something for pet protection.

If I had know it would be a sore point for people, I would not have asked. Purposefully upsetting people like that is not a nice thing to do, so I would avoid it.

It was a perfectly sensible question. And anyway don't be put off by the histrionics- I'm sure you haven't upset anyone who doesn't enjoy the attention.

advertisement

Back