advertisement

HIFI repairs in Glasgow/Edinburgh

Evaldas

pfm Member
Hello,

One of my 2nd system KEF R700 speaker lost about 50-70% volume. I have swapped the speakers around so amp and cables fault was excluded. Any ideas?

Manufactures warranty expired couple months ago. I am looking for some recommendations for HIFI servicing in Glasgow or Edinburgh?

Have a friendly chat with KEF if you haven't already.
ime manufacturers are often prepared to repair under warranty if the fault occurs soon after expiry date.

A decent KEF dealer should be able to assess the likely cause before further costs are invoked. Did you put an ear to the drivers to find out which might have gone off line? I’d rule out simple stuff like broken wires by taking the terminal plate off and the drivers out to see if there’s are break at the spider for example. Speakers are simple things.

IF you’ve no luck going the dealer route call retro reproduction in Edinburgh, they have a very good engineer in-House.

A decent KEF dealer should be able to assess the likely cause before further costs are invoked. Did you put an ear to the drivers to find out which might have gone off line? I’d rule out simple stuff like broken wires by taking the terminal plate off and the drivers out to see if there’s are break at the spider for example. Speakers are simple things.

At first I thought that Uni-q driver was off line. After ear test I found out that all the drivers are working at much lower volume. It's like a cloth over the speaker. Therefore I don't know if this is Uni-q driver fault or speakers circuit board.

advertisement

Back