advertisement

HIFI amps with reasonable cost/W

The nc400 measurements Hypex has published seem to be pretty accurate, based on what I can verify.
That sounds promesing, however the nc400 does not meet my frequency-response requirements for the tweeter+squawker, however it might be good enough if i use a separate amp for the tweeter(200W), it all depends on which amps that i find for resonable prices.

I will most likely use the popular 2+3 comfiguration for each channel(2x600 power supply + 3x nc400).

MC2 Audio amps are very reasonable at 2nd hand prices. An MC1250 can be easily got for well under a £1000 and has 850W on tap at 8ohms. A brute of an amp, but very listenable apparently. I have the little brother (MC650) and paid well under £500 for 350W at 8ohms, loads of smooth power, with just the right amount of detail into my ATCs. Hidden under the couch, no one knows its their.

You have pet bats? :)

50 kHz -3 dB point not enough?
I want to have flat frequency response up to 120khz only for the sake of upseting people on this forum. Btw: the FR started to drop to much even before 20khz.

since i have found a cheap solution for the woofers(2x SMPS600 + 3x nc400) i am willing to pay a bit for for 500...800 W of class AB (for each channel).

I want to have flat frequency response up to 120khz only for the sake of upseting people on this forum.

Fair enough. :)

Btw: the FR started to drop to much even before 20khz.

Sure, but -0.5 dB @ 20khz and -1dB @ 25 kHz is still flat in my book (compared to any speaker).

advertisement

Back