advertisement

HiFi A-Z

Alex S

carbon based lifeform
A good system using a single letter. I’ll start. A:

Auralic streamer, Avid TT with AT cart, Accuphase SACD/CDP, Audial Dac, Audio Research preamp and phonostage, Accuphase power amps, Avalon speakers, or Amphion if you’re not a footballer.

Audio Note everything if you’re an audiophile.

Arcam Solo with Acoustic Energy speakers for the kitchen.

Either that, or something by Amstrad.

Denon turntable and cartridge, or possibly a Dohmann Helix if you're rich, Densen electronics, Dynaudio speakers.

D for Deltec/DPA, source to power amps.
I have some...

Of course for HifiScrabble value - Q at 10 points a go is the utter winner - Quad sources (tuners, CD players, Phono); Pre & power amps (valve or solid state, old or modern); utterly sublime speakers too - oh, and now a headphone offering.

On such a basis I bet one could span from treble-word-score to treble-word-score = 8 letters of Q, in an astounding sounding scrabble sistem, QQQQQQQQ end to end = 80 points x 3 x 3 = winningness. Except scrabble contains only two Qs in the bag: basterds

We're up to "F" I believe?

Forsell Air Reference turntable with Fidelity Research MC202 cartridge into FM Acoustics FM 223 phonostage.
First Watt pre/power (take your pick).
Fyne Audio Vintage Fifteen speakers.
Furman power conditioner.
Furutech cables.
Finite Elemente rack.
FiiO K9 Pro HP amp/DAC. Has line-out.
Focal Utopia 2022 headphones.
Fujitsu laptop.

From the affordable Geshelli Labs and Grado Labs to the mega-bucks Gryphon Audio - hi-fi has something to suit all tastes and pockets.

Andrew

advertisement

Back