advertisement

Help with Sansui AU 9900 amp

ex brickie

pfm Member
I've just bought one of these from the States but it has no schematics or manual. Inside it has a voltage selector for 240V but it means moving some wires. Not being electronically minded I need to know what to do!

Does anyone own one and able to guide me? Taking a photo is difficult as the wiring is very hidden! Even better if anyone has a manual and wouldn't mind taking a copy I'd gladly pay a small sum for it (the only copies I've seen on US ebay in the past were about £15 inc postage!)

I haven't even tried it out yet so may post a thread in the next few days...

Might be easier to just use step down tranny for now until you can source a manual. I have just had a look on HiFi Engine, I got a manual on there for my TU 717, but there is not one listed at the moment, but they have an AU-9500 which might be similar?

Link:-

http://www.hifiengine.com/manuals/sansui/au-9500.shtml

They do seem to come up occasionally on ebay.

Andy

Thanks Andy

I do have a step down transformer but I thought that less wires (or bits between the mains and amp) the better! I'll register with hifiengine and check it out. On ebay they tend to be £15+ for a manual and from USA only (hence the cost)

Try joining 'AudioKarma.org'. They have a dedicated Sansui forum and a lot of very experienced and able posters. They were very helpful when I did some repairs to my old Pioneer, I even managed to download a service manual.

Cheers
Adrian

Thanks Jon. I did look at this but the closest is an AU 7700. There's a guy in the States who has this so I'm seeing what price I can get a copy from him for (I'd like manual and the schematic)

Thanks for your help

How old is it? The older valve models had a cct diagram stuck on the inside of the top cover.

Richard

This could be a job so dangerous as to warp the space-time continuum. Having said that, and being an all-round good guy and snappy dresser I'll take it off your hands for you and only charge you £10 plus fuel costs.

I Am A Martyr.

It has a skeleton circuit diagram on the lid but I really need a manual too.

If Mike is a Marantz man I have a classic 70s cassette deck in the classified section ;) I also have a 125 tuner but more reluctant to sell that unless for a decent price

advertisement

Back