advertisement

Help with extractor wiring

McKMini

pfm Member
Hi
This is one for all you electrical genius's. I've had a new kitchen installed and of course the kitchen fitters don't touch anything electrical. My usual spark came out to wire up the extractor and he's stumped. There's no instructions and no one at kitchen shop available. Any one know how these wires are meant to be connected - there's a extractor and a separate motor and then a control unit. The control unit has 6 wires on one loom then 3 on the other - the top connections on the connector block. The motor has 5 along the bottom. There's a jumper cable thats orange on one end and yellow at the other. Anyone able to solve this puzzle?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-h3nIjk5C80X2ZpaE1uMHVvYzRxbWxPTDA4bkswSkJjcUk4/view?usp=sharing

Thanks

Tried searching online but found no technical details. The extractor is Australian with an Italian EU distributor. Wasn't even a uk helpline number.

That is bizarre, I’ve not seen those colours used in mains wiring before and Australia use the same colour coding as we do. It looks as though there is a neutral and two lives, is the light externally switched? If I had it in front of me, I could chase where all the wiring goes and figure it out. It shouldn’t be on sale in the UK as it stands though.

Looking at it again, I see there’s a brown, orange, yellow and violet wire and then a yellow and orange wire soldered/shrink sleeved together. It’s possible that violet is neutral, brown is live and the yellow/orange are for switching. Don’t quote me on that though.

That choc block is to connect the two parts together (the extractor and the motor)

Does the motor then have a separate power input that you’re not spotting??

https://elica.com/sites/default/files/lib0007078g.pdf
The manuals don’t help much from what I can see. It does look at though there is provision for a permanent power feed and an external mains switch (like how our over head lights work in the U.K.). However, in the U.K., you would have a fused switch in line with the incoming power feed and you would have to bridge the switching loop out. Again, don’t quote me on that, it’s just what I’ve gleaned from one photo.

The manual has a wiring diagram on page 20. Wires are all colour labelled - in Italian. Nero - Black, Rosso - Red and so on.

advertisement

Back