advertisement

Help wanted - Replacing bearing sleeve on a Rega P3 (2016 model)

Luceo non uro

pfm Member
Hello all,

hopefully someone can help with my latest upgrade! I bought a tango spinner sub-platter upgrade kit, which included a replacement bearing sleeve. Changing the sub-platter is straight-forward and it seems really nicely made, but I can't for the life of me remove the existing bearing sleeve from the plinth.

I've looked online at all the videos, but they all show the old pre-2016 planar 3, which has an obvious washer/screw to loosen and remove. The bearing on my TT is round, smooth and there's no obvious way to loosen it. I don't want to force anything and risk damaging the TT.

Has anyone with a 2016 P3 (or P6 I guess) successfully changed the bearing sleeve, and if so - help please!

The bearing is press fit into the plinth, best not to attempt removal, else you end up needing a new plinth too.

Ah ok, then best leave it alone! The 'how-to's' make it look very straight-forward on the older models, but i suspected i would end up damaging the plinth if I tried to force it. Thanks for confirming.

Even the old bearings often required a good whack with a mallet to dislodge, once the nut/washer were removed. And those were simply a snug fit!

Always a treat to see the look on a punter's face who simply wanted an oil change. :D

Stanley-Rubber-Mallet.jpg

advertisement

Back