advertisement

Help system synergy! possibly.....

Icedragon

I recently bought a Teddycap to partner my Naim CD5X. At first it all seemed ok, no immediate "night and day" difference. However, as the teddycap has "burnt in" the sound has changed. It now sounds very “edgy” “kling klang”, guitars in particular appear distorted and the soundstage appears a little odd. Reverting to vanilla 5X restores previous sound.

I'm guessing this is a synergy issue, Teddy also thought it could possibly be a problem with the cable between teddycap and CD, or the aformentioned synergy.

The system is Musical Fidelity A1008, B&W 804S, Chord Odyssey speaker cable, Van Den Hul 102 MK 3 interconnects.

Anyone got any ideas re synergy? And if there any kind hearted individuals out there that could loan me a suitable cable for elimination purposes I would be extremely grateful.

I thought Teddy Pardo offered a 14 day return policy, if you are within that I would take advantage of that asap. I would doubt it is a synergy issue, probably a fault.

Nic P

I'd not have put a Naim CDP with the MF amp to start with. See if you can get a refund, then if you've still got the upgrade bug buy the matching MF CDP maybe.

Any suggestions, I've tried several (a few SHB's, chord cobra) before settling on the VDH, without the Tcap they seem the best fit.

"edgy , Kling Klang" ..thats the sound that emerges from a CD5X , your psu has just exposed it for what it is , best put it back to less revealing mode...

its a Naim CD5X , heard 3 of them , they all sound edgy and Klin Klang , had one in my system about a month ago ..I keep things quiet on what goes through my house ...unless I'm building it. Of course in a less revealing system they would sound OK .. stick a Naim PSU on the end , that wont reveal anything bad.

its a Naim CD5X , heard 3 of them , they all sound edgy and Klin Klang , had one in my system about a month ago ..I keep things quiet on what goes through my house ...unless I'm building it. Of course in a less revealing system they would sound OK .. stick a Naim PSU on the end , that wont reveal anything bad.

Slagging agenda alert

advertisement

Back