advertisement

Help: Quad 11 Diamond Jubilee

banacek

Hi,my first post!
I've been buying lots of old Quad kit on ebay after my brother got me hooked on vintage Quad gear. I've just bought a pair of the Diamond Jubilee mono blocks but they are the 110v version.Question 1)what step down transformer should I buy and where will I get one. 2) spoke to a guy who said the amp can be converted to 230/40V version. Where could I get this done and do Quad do this and has anyone any idea what this might cost?
I'm going to use them with the Quad ESL63's and Quad 33 pre. I'm using a 405-2 as the amp at the moment.

Quad's service department is still very good and most helpful, I'd certainly try them before doing anything else. Contact details here.

Tony.

Quad's service department is still very good and most helpful, I'd certainly try them before doing anything else. Contact details here.

Tony.
thanks Tony.I didn't get a manual with the Quad II Diamond Jubilee's. I have seen online versions for the original version and the current version.I don't know how much difference there is between the version I have and revised model.Any idea where I may source one.
Stuart

In the unlikely event of Quad service not being able to help, contact Henry on 01372 456921. He will be cheaper than Quad too but I know he is away on holiday for a few days. He knows absolutely everything there is to know about Quad II's and even has a pair of his own specially modified ones on display in his house. I know he has quite a few spares too.

I have to say II's don't drive 63s very well, and you could do better than a 33 , never heard a decent Quad pre myself, tried 33, 34 and 44 with my IIs and ended up with a Croft which was a revelation compared to the Quad Pres.

advertisement

Back