advertisement

help needed with selector device

mrdave45

pfm Member
Ok, What i have is various sources. Both balanced and non balanced. I have an active sub i need to drive and am about to have a pair of active monitors.
I am currently using an alpha 10 amp but the pre whilst well specified is a bit naff.

I also have a real nice G&W headphone amp which doubles as an active attenuator.

What i need is something to select between sources and send to monitors, phones amp and sub. Although phones amp can send thru.

Do i need to go to an active design or can i get away with taking the hot signal from any balanced device and feeding it to my phones amp for attentuation/mild amplification before the monitors?

Also,

When i have an input from a source, eg CD player/Soundcard. Can How can i split this to send to my sub as well. Is it ok to just hardwire to both the headphone amp and the sub passively or will the various impedences conflict?

Im currently thinking about buying a presonus central station, but seems quite expensive for something that essentially has a passive switching path that i could build myself for a few quid.

Thanks,

Dave

advertisement

Back