advertisement

Help needed - Nait O/P Transistors

MJSM

Over 60 and barely alive
I need some help here, I've got a seriously sick Nait 1, with several blown transistors of the ZTX 384 and 652 type, plus an MPSA56 also blown (I bought the amp this way , so I don't know what caused the damage).

Anyway, I'm trying to track down some info on the O/P transistors (Naim specials by the look of it). Does anybody on the forum have any experience with replacing these with alternatives (or in fact does anyone here have a Nait 1 or 2 with non-Naim O/P transistors that I can get the numbers off ??)

I also need to know where I can get replacements for the ZTX 384 and 652's as I believe from Andy Weekes that these are now obsolete - all help gratefully appreciated.

Thanks
Mike
:(

Try: BD711 - NPN & BD712 - PNP, both 12A @ 100V, 75W TO220
package. Yes, the Nait One has complimentary output devices the line up being (looking from the board) L to R: NPN,PNP, NPN, PNP. NPNs are numbered 003, PNPs numbered 004. ZTX384s may be replaced by BC182 or BC546. If you need a couple, call Bob (who's minding the fort this next week) on 01246 200096. I carry over 5000 in stock. I also have ZTX651Q & 751Q if you can't find them.

Hope that helps

Les,

Thanks, I've been talking with Andy about it earlier today, and it appears that the amp has gone 'DC' taking out most of the protection circuitry into the bargain.

Have you ever replaced the Naim standard O/P transistors with these ?? and any ideas on the best place where I can get some ??. Will call Bob this week Les, thanks again.

Andy,

Thanks, I emailed you earlier, looks like it cooked good huh ?

P.S. to Les, have the cases (and other parts arrived yet ??)

Hi Joe,

I need 2 off 384's, and 2 off 652's to keep it original (but I guess thats fairly academic if I'm going to replace the O/P devices).

Thanks
Mike

;)

Hi Andy,

They can't be the same type (can they ??)

Mike

P.S. what did you think of my 'nude' nait then ??

Reply to Jo,

Jo, your mailbox is full (according to the system generated reply I got) so I could not send you a reply to the PM.

I'll see what Les has at Avondale first, and will get back to you if I still need anything - mucho appreciated by the by.

Thanks
Mike
;)

Sorry - PM box now cleared out!

I haven't got any 384s left I'm afraid - but i have some spare 2SC2547E which Neil McB recommends as replacements for the Zetexs. PM your address if you want me to send you a few.

Alternate suggestion - phone Mark Raggett at Naim and see if he will send you some trannies !

Thanks Jo,

Will contact Naim as you suggest, Les is away all week, and I would prefer to stick to original if I can first. Will get back to you if Mark can't help.

Cheers for now

P.S.
Have PM'd my address in any case

advertisement

Back