advertisement

Help! Mad Incatech Volume Pot!!!

Danza

pfm Member
Hi all,

My Incatech Claymore arrived today. I can only say I'm totally amazed by the sound this baby produces, but anyway, back onto the subject...

The guy I purchased it from replaced the volume pot, which originally was an Alps model, but as he couldn't find an Alps at as cheap a price as I could, I agreed to have it with a standard effort pot fitted. The pot in it is a 10k log type. I am not sure whether this is correct though. I say this because it takes less than 1/10th of a turn to reach almost full volume from zero output, and any higher, I reckon damage to the speakers will occur. Even in the 'zero' position I can hear quiet music when it is playing!

My speakers have a sensitivity of 87db/W/m. Could it be that the pot is the incorrect value, and I need something with higher resistance, or is it that the Claymore is just dang powerful?

Any advice greatfully received dudes,

Danza

Probably not much help but IIRC my old Inca Design pre amp was at full volume at about 9 o'clock, although it was very controlable.
As IncaTech are up and running again I would try and get in touch with them. If Colin Wonfor is still the head honcho you will find him more than helpfull.

Paul.

advertisement

Back