advertisement

Helius Linn ?

the loaf

pfm Member
Hi All,
Out of curiosity has anyone had experience of a Helius orion 1 on an lp12 ? Is it a seriously poor combination ? AFAIK like so many arms of that time it was designed on a Linn.
I use an ittok/3 and am aware that the short headshell can preclude accurate alignment for some carts hence my question.
Cheers.

The only criticism I remember of the Orion was that, it could sound a tad polite at times and that maybe it was a little "laid back" and didn't do the whole Linn Naim thing. One has to remember though, the Orion appeared at the time when "serious" journos were pronouncing that a LP12 with a lollipop stick and a tack would easily out perform anything else.

It wasn't developed on an LP12 but either a Gyrodek or a PT. It's a 10" arm & properly heavy to boot. An LP12 suspension would be working overtime to support it.

I had a Mk1 and it was an excellent sounding arm.

Didn't ever hear one on an LP12 but did once hear one on a Heybrook TT2 which sounded very nice.

The Orion was basically made for the Pink Triangle. Also a good match with Voyd and Luxman. I wouldn't bother on an LP12 - and IIRC there's not really enough clearance for it to fit comfortably.

Ok thanks for the info , I have an orion mk 1 and was kind of hoping it would not be too heavy but that clearly appears to be the case . I also have a PT Export so will try and locate an early armboard .

advertisement

Back