advertisement

Hegel H300

Interesting point, I have not heard any of their stuff, but they are very well regarded in sound quality.

Interesting review of the new Hegel H360 in this month's Hi-Fi Choice. Amp + Pre + DAC + Streamer could really reduce box count!

Reduced box count last year. Hegel H300 (w.o. DAC) and Norma Revo IPA-140 ended up on top of my short list. Both very good integrated amps. Ended up with the Norma w. DAC & Phono modules.

Always a little wary of the everything in one box approach. Unless the concept is very modular, it's difficult to upgrade one component later without replacing the whole box. Certainly worth considering though if the goal is minimum box count.

I listened to an Hegel H300 two weeks ago after I had had a listen to a Rogue Audio Cronus valve amp. Unfortunately this happened through B&W 805s speakers and a source that I thought made the music sound darkish and a bit lifeless. However the Hegel sounded much better to my ears than the Rogue Audio Cronus did, and I am sure that if I had had a listen through my SA Pandion 2s, I would have liked the Hegel even better. Here the H300 has been discounted to around 20.000 DKR (less than £2000).

advertisement

Back