advertisement

Hegel H190 question

Considering buying a preowned H190... can anyone who has one (or another Hegel) confirm whether Airplay and Spotify Connect can power on the amp if it's off?

slightly irrelevant but I can confirm the NAD C368 does
We were away on holiday the other week and I decided to stream to my headphones using Spotify, I accidently selected the wrong device after pressing play and according to my daughter (sat at home 150 miles away) she nearly s@*t herself :D

I have a Hegel H90 in my office system, and using Airplay from my iPad with Qobuz, it does switch the amp out of standby. One thing to note, it will switch to the Network input, and the volume may be quite high (34 in my case), No idea about Spotify as I don't use it.
Best to check with a dealer for the H190, but should have similar functionality to the H90, just more power and a balanced input.
Note the amp must be in Eco mode (Standby), available on the remote control, and not powered off by the hidden power button on the base.

Just tried both spotify Connect and Airplay in eco mode on my 190 and can confirm they both wake the amp up and play.

Just a note about these - both Airplay and SC implementations have been tweaked by Hegel and are very impressive. Buy with confidence.

advertisement

Back