advertisement

Heathrow

And people should not have more than 2 children either. Good luck with that one...

Well, much of the world now has a two child trend. The population of the world will probably be falling before the end of this century. Once we manage to convince more countries in Africa that two kids is the way to go, job done.

We should all be flying less anyway.......................... no loss as far as the environment is concerned
Aviation is responsible for 2–3% of CO2 emissions. Even ceasing all flying immediately would make very little difference. Motor vehicles and power generation are the real culprits.

I can't imagine why anyone would choose to go there.

Well that’s a different subject, and thankfully we all choose and like different holidays and breaks. At the moment, using your nearest CP is probably, especially if you’ve a few kids in tow, much easier on the wallet and stress levels than flying to Costa Packet.

Aviation is responsible for 2–3% of CO2 emissions.

I wouldn't seek to dispute that BUT if they were paying the appropriate level of tax on the fuel consumed it would act as something of a deterrent and, perhaps more importantly, raise revenue that could go towards combatting climate change.

It is indisputable that the aviation industry is doing precious little to combat climate change but are trying very hard with the green aviation fuel "greenwash" to con the public they are.

Regards

Richard

Troubles at airports = all the more reason to cruise from Southampton...:cool:
It doesn't work for the more intellectual holidays such as a river cruise on the Rhone/Soane, Danube nor Bordeaux.

We have sailed twice from Southampton and both times it was the least stressful holiday connection we have taken. However the holidays were not as good as a top class all in river cruise.

We fly from Heathrow next week fingers crossed.

DV

I’ve never been interested in an intellectual river cruise. My interest in cruises is to be at sea, I guess it’s because I’ve spent time working at sea.

My late father spent WWII in the North Atlantic (sometimes literally). AFAIK he never set foot on a boat or ship after that. Though he did show me and my brother around a WWII warship, but that was safely docked in Liverpool.

My brother wanted to join the Royal Navy, but sadly failed the medical.

It doesn't work for the more intellectual holidays such as a river cruise on the Rhone/Soane, Danube nor Bordeaux.

We have sailed twice from Southampton and both times it was the least stressful holiday connection we have taken. However the holidays were not as good as a top class all in river cruise.

DV

Don't they do intellectual river cruises to Hull?

DV

I recommend Eurostar, it has saved my bacon a few times already this year. For much of Europe I choose Eurostar first now and transfer to appropriate trains from Paris, Brussels or Amsterdam

advertisement

Back