advertisement

Heads Up - 'Synth Night' on Sky Arts, Tonight (12th August)

Ha! I was just coming here to post that.

Saturday night is also excellent:

6.45 - High Tech Soul: The Creation Of Techno
8.00 - Guy Garvey From The Vaults Electronica Special
9.00 Gary Numan Resurrection
10.30 Sisters With Transistors, about electronica's female pioneers (highly recommended - watched this a whilke back)

ace.

all I want to do now is play TELEKON so I can listen to ‘I Dream of Wires..’

I think I have seen some of the progs. listed, but will record the lot anyhoo.

Cool, some good stuff there. Very much looking forward to Sisters With Transistors, that’s been on the radar for a while now. Pretty sure I was a crowd-funder for I Dream Of Wires, I’ve certainly got the extended DVD. I think I’ve seen the Gary Numan, though it may be another one. Will start watching to see if so. Will obviously give the TD a look too. I assume that’s the Ulrich Schnauss-era band? Curious about the Synthwave film too, it being a thing, and one I don’t know much about, though I’ve not been impressed with anything classed as ‘synth-wave’ I’ve heard so far (seems to take all the worst aspects of ‘80s synth pop and not develop it anywhere new, very retro-kitsch).

PS I also did a crowd-funder for a Morton Subotnik film, though I did that to get a signed colour vinyl copy of Silver Apples Of The Moon! Hopefully the film will turn up on TV at some point.

PS I also did a crowd-funder for a Morton Subotnik film, though I did that to get a signed colour vinyl copy of Silver Apples Of The Moon! Hopefully the film will turn up on TV at some point.

I think Morton appears in the "I Dream of Wires" doc,

The New Order one is really good as well, they made a synthesiser orchestra using students from the RNCM, the staging was fab too.

It was very good. A really good history of the band that spent sufficient time covering the ground-breaking early stuff (I’ve little interest in anything beyond about 1976-7). Well worth a watch if it is repeated.

Compared to this Sky Arts feast...

...the BBC Four music offering is starting to look very poor value for money for the license fee.

Heard among the orchestra at Philip Glass’s Akhenaten at the ENO, a Roland C200:

NrXmiH3.jpg

advertisement

Back