advertisement

Headphones

davidavdavid

davidavdavid
A good friend of mine in New York has just purchased a Benchmark DAC2 HGC - Digital to Analog Audio Converter and it will be put into service as both DAC and headphone amp.

Am curious to any recommendations forum members may have for headphones he should be shortlisting.He is leaning toward an open design.

I look forward to your responses and I will assuredly pass them on.

Thanks in advance.

The only cans that convinced me to move on from my sennheiser 650 were the oppo PM1. I wanted to try out the Audeze range, but they werent available in my area.

So personally I would definitely look at the above.

Just to be controversial, I hated the raved about Sennheiser 800. Horribly bright as far as I am concerned.

Steve, my friend has budgeted $500 for his headphones. I reckon that's approximately £335 or thereabouts.

Then the world is his lobster. :)

Top Senns, Beyers, Grados along with HiFi Man and Audeze all within reach new or used. You get some cracking bargains used, that would be my strategy. You can get them run in and have time to properly evaluate or move them on for no loss if you are less than thrilled.

A good friend of mine in New York has just purchased a Benchmark DAC2 HGC - Digital to Analog Audio Converter and it will be put into service as both DAC and headphone amp.

Am curious to any recommendations forum members may have for headphones he should be shortlisting.He is leaning toward an open design.

I look forward to your responses and I will assuredly pass them on.

Thanks in advance.

Hi David,

The HifiMan 400i is a superb headphone.

Peter

I had some Beyerdynamic t90's for a coup,e of weeks, and they sounded amazing.

I now have T1's, and they sound even better, but then the price difference is substantial, and if I couldn't have afforded the step up at the time, I could easily have lived with the t90's without feeling like I was missing out.

advertisement

Back