advertisement

Headphone lead too short

Bravefart

A common ailment I believe. The lead with my HD 650s is just 3 metres, a tad short to reach my listening spot. Do Sennheiser do a longer one? Saw that Grado do an extension lead, but that's 4.5M itself, which might result in too much messy cable lying around.

A common ailment I believe. The lead with my HD 650s is just 3 metres, a tad short to reach my listening spot. Do Sennheiser do a longer one? Saw that Grado do an extension lead, but that's 4.5M itself, which might result in too much messy cable lying around.
Have a look on ebay or the like, you should find something that will fit the bill. You could try Customcans , they will make you up a cable in any length you require and they aren't too pricey unlike some.

You have a choice. Get an extension; not expensive for a quality one. this will allow both to be used in other distance circumstances. Or, simply get a longer one made up (around £40/£50 for a decent one), which makes the existing redundant but may itself become redundant if circumstances change.

Either way, the longer the lead, the more detriment to s.q. (esp. with extra connections).

Or, left-field suggestion if you have a separate can-amp; get a longer I/C for it to bring it closer (less loss of s.q. theoretically, I feel)

Thanks all, reckon I'll get a 4M one made up, it's just that extra I need, and don't want loads of excess spooling around.

I've been using the Grado extension for more than 15 years, previously with Grados and now with Neumanns. Just coil the excess. High quality, no added noise.

advertisement

Back