advertisement

Headphone impedance

vince rocker

pfm Member
I'm looking for a pair of headphones to use with a Focusrite audio interface. The headphone output is specified as <1 Ohm, what impedance phones should I look at for the best match?

I'm looking for a pair of headphones to use with a Focusrite audio interface. The headphone output is specified as <1 Ohm, what impedance phones should I look at for the best match?
It's the power output that matters and the Focusrite is really just a monitor rather than a headphone amp. So you'll need something with a lower impedence for the Focusrite. HD25s work well. The 80 ohm DT 770s go over ear...

OK thanks Gav. I've been looking at the DT770s. Anyone tried AIAIAI phones? The TMA-2 Studio look good and are quoted as 32 Ohm.
No, but the TMAs should be more than fine. Another option is to take the line out into a true headphone amp, which you can daisy chain. I've used a Creek like this in the past with a FR for better headphones.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
No, but the TMAs should be more than fine. Another option is to take the line out into a true headphone amp, which you can daisy chain. I've used a Creek like this in the past with a FR for better headphones.

Good idea, but I'm using the line outs for sends :) TBH I don't really like headphones but they are useful sometimes. I have an ancient pair of fairly basic Sennheisers but the pads have disintegrated and they are really uncomfortable so I'm thinking about an upgrade.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.

advertisement

Back