advertisement

[WTD] Headphone Cable - Mini 4-pin XLR > stereo

fraser.

pfm Member
I'm looking for a 4-pin mini XLR to stereo jack (3.5 or 6.3 is ok). Ideally 1.5- 2m in length. Around £20

Thought I'd try and find a used one rather than buy new.

I wasn't aware of that, what is the downside?

Is there another way of wiring / adaptors to make things work? These were originally single ended cans (fostex T40 or 50 I think) which I rewired into a balanced configuration years ago when I had a balanced amp output. Am I going to have to write them back again..? I think I'd rather buy a replacement pair as it was a pain to do!

I don't believe there is such a thing as balanced headphones. The headphone speakers are themselves single ended so you normally wire the positive (of the XLR) to the positive of the headphones and ground (of the XLR) to the negative. If you use the negative of the XLR (connecting it to the single ended negative) you can double the output to the headphones and I assume that's the concern. Each amp to its own however. I don't use the balanced outs however as the headphoens are not.

I bought quite a few headphone cables (on ebay) with great success from East Pro Audio who made them up by hand using Van Damme. Generally £30 for a HD600/K701 etc. I cannot find any listings for them at the mo but the contact email was - [email protected].

advertisement

Back