advertisement

Hawkwind - Warrior on the Edge of Time Tour

Caliente

pfm Member
The thing is I'm not sure if I can be bothered to go - I last saw the 'wind 29 years ago and despite being a fan of Warrior, I'm dreading making the effort to travel down to Sheffield just to be disappointed.

If anyone is venturing out to one of the early shows in November could you please post your thoughts on the performance.

Thanks

BTW - they also seem to have toured early on this year, what were these concerts like?

I have seen Hawkwind regularly over the years and whilst not seen them this year I will catch up with them soon.

Always good - the projections are fantastic. Mr Tibbs is developing well on bass and vocals. Dave is taking much more of a back seat these days, which I guess is no surprise given that he must be about 2000 years old now.

Still a good value evening out.
The

Funnily enough I am having a Robert Calvert era splurge right now - just playing the Spirit of the Age compilation.

Can someone who goes ask Dave Brock what the intended title of 'In Search of Space' really was, please?

I'm referring to the annoying recent trend to add an 'X' to the title.

I went to see them in Rock City a few years ago, enjoyed it but they did seem a bit jaded, to be fair they are probably entitled to!

I saw them a few times in the 70's and they put on a fantastic show, I can still remember bits of the show unlike many other bands I went to see at that time (I was driving so no memory wiping intake!).

I am still thinking I should go to the Sheffield show though. It would be sort of rude not to go as I am only 15 minutes away!

I went to the gig in Shepherds Bush recently with great anticipation of hearing the opening bass line to Assault & Battery to commence the evening. Was somewhat underwhelmed when that didn't happen. They played a few collected bits and pieces before they started on Warrior. Very odd in that the whole tour is based on the premise that that is the album they will be playing.
That said, it was a pretty good gig and ol' Hi T Moonweed was in attendance with the Theremin and general spacey vibes.
It doesn't seem right going to a gig such as that without a pervading fug of illicits, though.

I'm going to see them in Glasgow in November. First time in about 20 years. No idea what to expect but fearing the worst really... I will report back.

Ok, thanks for the head up (no pun intended!)

Yes, I would go in eager anticipation of that opening bass scales of 'Assault..', odd for them not to do that IMO.

I guess it may simply boil down as to how I feel on the day, though any reports of their initial gigs will be much appreciated, I guess not just by myself.

No, they did do 'Assault' and the whole of Warrior, in the album order, it's just that they didn't kick off with it. They did 15-20 mins of assorted tunes before that great bass line kicked in.
Went to see Shpongle last night and there were more hippies and spacey vibes there.

advertisement

Back