advertisement

Hawkwind Light Orchestra

dss

Musical Bons
Hello Prog Fan Mainstay people,

I got an odd DLP yesterday, Hawkwind Light Orchestra - Stellar Variations is it.

Dave Brock / Niall Horne / Richard Chadwick, recorded in 2011.

Is this a side split of the Hawkwind bloodline back to the Brock heritage, trying to take the name back, or this the main Hawkwind now?

There was a pretty bland Hawkwind - Onward LP last year, but with a different lot of people.

I guess MichealC will know?

DS

Some of Hawkwind don't live in the South West. HLO is a side project recording by Hawkwind members who live locally to each other down there. No issues with taking name back, that's to do with Nik Turner and his American label who, apparently, have a bit of a track record in asserting artists' rights for commercial advantage-got that bit from the Hawkwind forum so there may be a bit of bias. Hawkwind album releases haven't been great recently, in my view, and it was notable that Dave Brock 'sat out' back stage during many of the newer tracks last time I saw them live (though at his age he has every right to sit anything out-fair play to him). I suspect Dave Brock may well be God.

Have not heard "Onward" yet, but everything I read about it was positive - a return to form.

No?

advertisement

Back