advertisement

Haunted By Toto!

Dexter

pfm Member
Having recently enjoyed BBC 2's encore presentation of Nighty Night: Series 2 and its fabbo '80s-tastic soundtrack which included Toto's "Hold The Line", I can vaguely recall hearing an insane cover of "Africa" as preformed by an acapella men's choir that left me gasping for air the only time I heard it.

So I've been searching the web for an mp3 or streaming version of this ridiculous delight but coming up empty. Can anyone provide a link?

Cheers, Dex

Found this:
VARIOUS Killed By Absurdity Volume 1 (Failed Pilot)
Well, of course anything citing inspiration from Dion McGregor's sleeptalking record, Celebrities at Their Worst, and the bizarro 1977 LP "You Think You Really Know Me" by Gary Wilson, is going to get WFMU attention. But methinks this collection of "found" absurd songs was recorded on purpose somewhere by hepsters who know better. Regardless, the casio-samba reciting Mexican food names, the a capella choir doing Toto's "Africa" and the nails-on-chalk audio loveletter by some dweeb is sure to entice the staff to challenge the listeners' "How Much Can You Take" meters.
Haven't heard it, though.

and this at FailedPilot.com, though I don't know when it was posted:
Failed Pilot
(PLEASE READ - UPDATED!!!) Hello people, this is Andrew Earles.<snip a bunch of junk> Back issues of The Cimarron Weekend (only #0005 and #0006 are in print), the Patio Tapes 7”, the Killed By Absurdity 7” are still available. E-mail me ([email protected]). Other contact info: Andrew Earles PO Box 820912 Memphis, TN 38182 Phone: 901-289-1396 I'M NOT AFRAID!!!!

Thanks for the info kasper!

I'm still hoping to find a link just so I can hear it again. Strange that it started out as a much-discussed and downloaded early mp3 phenonmenon 5 years ago, yet it appears to have vanished entirely from the web today.

Dex

advertisement

Back