advertisement

Has the Squeezebox Touch had its day?

Updated to Mojave 10.14.6 and LMS 8.4.0, tried pauses, restart later etc and still the same problem. Pulling hair out time. Plug-ins will not load.

I just checked my mac mini Mojave ( should explain that this is the default install on the internal HDD, I keep a High Sierra and Catalina build on two cheap SSD. This makes things easy for me.

Anyway, I have LMS 8.3.2 installed and when I opened a terminal i found that it was still open from when I upgraded Open SSL and I found that I had not completed the install.

It's all good now :)

Code:
login as: ronnie
Keyboard-interactive authentication prompts from server:
| Password:
End of keyboard-interactive prompts from server
Last login: Thu Nov 30 20:21:24 2023
Mojave-mini-2:~ ronnie$ openssl version -a
OpenSSL 3.1.3 19 Sep 2023 (Library: OpenSSL 3.1.3 19 Sep 2023)
built on: Tue Sep 26 14:58:15 2023 UTC
platform: darwin64-x86_64
options:  bn(64,64)
compiler: cc -fPIC -arch x86_64 -O3 -Wall -DL_ENDIAN -DOPENSSL_PIC -D_REENTRANT -DOPENSSL_BUILDING_OPENSSL -DNDEBUG
OPENSSLDIR: "/usr/local/ssl"
ENGINESDIR: "/usr/local/lib/engines-3"
MODULESDIR: "/usr/local/lib/ossl-modules"
Seeding source: os-specific
CPUINFO: OPENSSL_ia32cap=0x7fbae3bfffebff

ronnie

Last edited:
Enjoying the Touch performing in the Roon ecosystem. Sounding very good. If I decide to go ahead with Roon, I’ll need to get a more stable vehicle for the server. Laptop is fine but occasionally it vacant finger the server. Not sure why.

Any message in the server log
I've even tried on another Mac mini all new installs of LMS and Mojave.No idea what's going on.

Connect timed out:
[23-11-30 23:27:34.2527] Slim::plugin::Sounds::plugin::_gotSoundsError (82) Error: Unable to cache Sounds & Effects menu from SN: Connect timed out:
[23-11-30 23:27:36.9513] Slim::plugin::FullTextSearch::plugin::_initPopularTerms (592) Fulltext index missing or outdated - re-building
[23-11-30 23:27:36.9909] Slim::plugin::FullTextSearch::plugin::_initPopularTerms (592) Fulltext index missing or outdated - re-building
[23-11-30 23:27:49.2174] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (343) Error: getting https://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/sounds/v1/opml
Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor
[23-11-30 23:27:49.2178] Slim::plugin::Sounds::plugin::_gotSoundsError (82) Error: Unable to cache Sounds & Effects menu from SN: Connect timed out: Bad file descriptor

@cooky1257

This is the original post for upgrading Openssl

https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...mote-server-to-retrieve?p=1357195#post1357195

This is my query post and a reply given my a forum member "the_arm"

https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...-os-x-and-io-socket-ssl?p=1457848#post1457848

and this is my copy of the information provided by "the_arm", this is the procedure I have followed, sometimes I have had to use the force install instruction.

I don't seem able to attach a text file so I will send it in a pm :)

ronnie

@cooky1257

This is the original post for upgrading Openssl

https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...mote-server-to-retrieve?p=1357195#post1357195

This is my query post and a reply given my a forum member "the_arm"

https://forums.slimdevices.com/foru...-os-x-and-io-socket-ssl?p=1457848#post1457848

and this is my copy of the information provided by "the_arm", this is the procedure I have followed, sometimes I have had to use the force install instruction.

I don't seem able to attach a text file so I will send it in a pm :)

ronnie
Thanks Ronnie, what I don't get is it was all working fine, I changed nothing. I shall try to digest the pm, bear in mind I don't speak geek so it could well be beyond me.

Thanks Ronnie, what I don't get is it was all working fine, I changed nothing. I shall try to digest the pm.

did you check the openssl version

Code:
openssl version -a

if there is no warning in the logs similar to the one you got in High Sierra, it should be OK

ronnie

Just loaded mine up, updated it and all working well. You may just have to take it back to factory and reinstall, @cooky1257 , if you haven't already. I certainly have had to do that before. The SlimDevices has been very helpful to me previously, for issues of similar bizarreness.

Just loaded mine up, updated it and all working well. You may just have to take it back to factory and reinstall, @cooky1257 , if you haven't already. I certainly have had to do that before. The SlimDevices has been very helpful to me previously, for issues of similar bizarreness.
I've done the full works, best part of yesterday tried everything I could. I'm wary of going into terminal and cocking everything up as I don't understand the terminology(!)

I've done the full works, best part of yesterday tried everything I could. I'm wary of going into terminal and cocking everything up as I don't understand the terminology(!)
Me neither. I do have a spare if you want to borrow one temporarily, though I don't know if it will make a difference.

I got the you are using a rather old version of SSL...try to update to 2.***

You will have to update the openssl

A brief summary

Install Command Line tools and Homebrew

download openssl update

https://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-3.1.4.tar.gz

untar the download

cd into the untarred folder

run the four commands one at a time

Code:
    $ ./config
    $ make
    $ make test
    $ sudo make install

when completed run the two path commands

Code:
export CPATH=/usr/local/include/openssl
export LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib

when completed run

Code:
sudo /usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'install Net::SSLeay'
sudo /usr/bin/perl -MCPAN -e 'install IO::Socket::SSL'
sudo reboot

If still not working, try a force install with cpan

Code:
sudo cpan
force install Net::SSLeay
force install IO::Socket::SSL

ronnie

Edit: I would stop LMS running whilst you do this

Ok I've downloaded and opened(untarred?) the SSL file, and installed home-brew and command line tools but when I type cd/openssl-3.1.4 I get no such directory

One has to move into the untarred folder (directory)

so, in the terminal I would type

cd downloads/opennssl-3.1.3

and press Enter

your version number for openssl is different

when your are there type

./config

and press enter

when it completes type the next command and press Enter

and so on

ronnie

Thanks I sussed it. I dragged and dropped the folder after typing cd,
After the next set of commands there seems to be a lot going on is it meant to take some time?
Lots of test....ok
Ooh now its running install and perl stuff..exciting!

Thanks I sussed it. I dragged and dropped the folder after typing cd,
After the next set of commands there seems to be a lot going on is it meant to take some time?

Yes, it takes quite a while

If you look at the text file I sent you, be aware to answer any questions asked by either accepting the default or yes (y) if I remember correctly the default is nearly always (y)

I'm more a raspberry pi man, meself :rolleyes:

Hmm going well until......its asking where is your make program?

And I have to go out, how do I close everything to revisit later today?

Bugger!

Would you please post the text line, say the last three or four, or a screenshot of same
Sorry I terminated , note all the questions came after I typed the export CPATH line, I didn't get to type the second line. I'll have another go later. Thanks for your patience.

advertisement

Back