advertisement

Hard decision... Naim CDX with Teddy XPS or NDX with Teddy XPS

spedey_74

pfm Member
Hallo from Italy,
i have a problem and difficult decision to make:

1) i'll go to repare my CDX by Naim in Uk for around £300/350 cost and then, restart to listen with my CDX and my Teddy XPS
2) i'll forgot the CDX and esplore the new way, liquid music...buy a used Naim NDX or ND5XS to use with my Teddy XPS

I would ask you: NAIM NDX or ND5XS with Teddy Xps could be better then CDX with Teddy XPS?

Avoid the NDX it isn’t in the same league as either the CDX or CDX2.

If you like the Naim sound, look out for a good second hand CDX2.

Thanks for your reply!
I think about it, and probably i'll go to repair my cd player...
But sure? The streamer as NDX anb ND5XS are so inferior than CDX and CDX2?

If it were me I’d go for both options 1 and 2.

Streaming has to come one day and can coexist with a cdp imo. I’ve been glad of the cdp when the network goes down. I still have music, yay!

Cake and eat it, yes!

CD or vinyl anyday over streaming
I would look elsewhere for streaming if you insist going that route
The mentioned Naim's are old hat by now
Perhaps some decent bargain offerings out there, but mind you development going strong
In a few years you can use them as expensive doorstops

I thought Naim had stopped repairing CDX as the lasers are no longer available? Best option is to buy a second hand CDX (around £450 on ebay) or a CDX2 (around £1000). A CDX2 can, I believe, still be repaired by Naim.

I thought Naim had stopped repairing CDX as the lasers are no longer available? Best option is to buy a second hand CDX (around £450 on ebay) or a CDX2 (around £1000). A CDX2 can, I believe, still be repaired by Naim.

I bought in 2014 one of the last original laser replace for CDX at Naim service and keep this for future need.

I've read somewhere they fixed a CDX or CDX2 with a later gen mech..
Not sure if it was Darran, Naim or Witch ?

If it were me I’d go for both options 1 and 2.

Streaming has to come one day and can coexist with a cdp imo. I’ve been glad of the cdp when the network goes down. I still have music, yay!

Cake and eat it, yes!

Yup, fix the CDX, and then get a pre-built streamer from Volumio.org. And as you live in Italy, the icing on the cake is.......Volumio is based in Firenze, so no Brexit shenanigans to worry about :D:D. What's not to like :)

advertisement

Back