advertisement

Harbeth p3ser 40th

Based on your last note a couple thoughts. If you’re happy why change. Croft is very nice and your Tannoys got a great review in What Hi-Fi for what that’s worth. But we all like change so do consider room size and amplifier power. The P3 ESRs like more intimate spaces and near field listening. I’m about 7 ft from mine. They like power. They can run on smaller amps but prefer a little omph. I have used mine with a Devialet 170 and McIntosh 275 MK IV. That’s my two cents.

Have fun. Oh, and as always listen at home if you can.
They work beautifully with Devialet amps. I like valves too but have never had a good result In combination with Harbeth and Spendors. I think Naim would be a good combination too possibly, going by what I’ve heard at dems with bigger Harbeths.

I own and enjoy Harbeth speakers - currently M30s, HLP3-ES2s and ESRs - but the cynic in me can't help thinking that with all these supposedly different and never ending new versions variations and editions, AS is very good at sweating his assets for all they are worth, and some, without actually doing anything new.

I own and enjoy Harbeth speakers - currently M30s, HLP3-ES2s and ESRs - but the cynic in me can't help thinking that with all these supposedly different and never ending new versions variations and editions, AS is very good at sweating his assets for all they are worth, and some, without actually doing anything new.

The ones you own span a production run of over 20 years from the M30 to the P3ESR. Hardly the stuff of ‘endless new versions’. I think it might seem that way though, as the models have been updated in a staggered way in the past, and then they all came out with 40th Anniversary versions more or less at once. The new XD series seems to be a levelling of the playing field for the range which I expect won’t see any change for a while, although having said that the 45th anniversary is only 2 years away!

@hifi_dave - how to the harbeth P3ESRs compare with the Proac Tablettes? Also when do you get more in?
Depends which version of Tablette you refer to but basically, the ProAc is brighter and thinner, lacking the solid, natural mid-band of the P3ESR.

I have P3ESR XD here next week and they are available to order.

advertisement

Back